Open 1.1.0: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STARTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED.

Maysonjames

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Just recently, me and my friend were playing on my dedicated server and were playing just fine. But when we took a break I shut down the server and decided to get back on later after that. The server wasn't shut down from the command "Stop" for my computer was lagging alot and I couldn't do anything so I hard reset it. This may of been the cause of this problem but Im not fully sure. When I try to launch up the server now it seems to be going fine until it gets to loading the world. I tested this out and did discover that the world is in some form of corruption, for that is the reason why the server does not fully load. Please, if someone out there knows what to do please help. Also I try to open it up in single player but the world doesn't show up at all.

Here are the last 3 lines of the server crash report. If you need any other source of code from the report just tell me where look and Ill see what I can do to help

[22:59:52] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sending event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[22:59:52] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sent event FMLServerStoppedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[22:59:52] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_STARTING and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.

Mod & Version: Infinity 1.1.0

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix: None so far

Last edited:

Fearlessagent

Jul 29, 2019
The last line is a generic message which indicates that the server had crashed. The actual error message is further up the log file. The error will look something like

Code:
[18:47:04] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.TickEvent$WorldTickEvent@198f8d1d:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\world\chickenchunks\loginTimes.dat (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
    at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager.updateLoginTimes(ChunkLoaderManager.java:779) ~[ChunkLoaderManager.class:?]
    at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager.tickEnd(ChunkLoaderManager.java:752) ~[ChunkLoaderManager.class:?]
    at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderEventHandler.worldTick(ChunkLoaderEventHandler.java:32) ~[ChunkLoaderEventHandler.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_483_ChunkLoaderEventHandler_worldTick_WorldTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic) ~[?:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54) ~[ASMEventHandler.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138) [EventBus.class:?]
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:255) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:645) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334) [lt.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\world\chickenchunks\loginTimes.dat (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_72]
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_72]
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_72]
    at codechicken.chunkloader.ChunkLoaderManager.updateLoginTimes(ChunkLoaderManager.java:771) ~[ChunkLoaderManager.class:?]
    ... 11 more

It will say something different however, and will help identify the issue. The main similarity is the fact that the message is multi-line and doesnt in fact have a timestamp on each line like you would see in the rest of the log. If you have trouble finding it, just pastebin the entire thing and link it here.