1.1.0: AE2 Network Not Showing Items

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
First off, Direwolf20 1.7.10 pack version 1.0.4, not 1.1.0 like it says above. Not sure why 1.0.4 wasn't an option, but, anyway:

Sporadically when I check into my AE2 system using my standard terminal, none of my items will show. The system will not be dark like it is when there is not enough power, and I have double checked and ensured that much more than enough power is going into the network to keep it full (dense energy cell never drops below 3.1 million RF).

I have also checked all channels, and not only do I have adequate channels for my ME Drive, Terminals, and everything else, I am not maxed out on channels throughout most of my cables. Another thing that makes me think it isn't a channel issue, is I can watch the ME Dense Cables and Smart Cables throughout my network and the number of used channels never fluctuates, even when this problem is occuring; always stays stable.

Instead, the terminal screen looks exactly as it does if there were no items in the network at all, fully lit interface, just no items. Every so often, if I continue to look at the blank screen, any items that enter the network will appear in their appropriate quantity in interface and stay there.

If I exit the interface and check the terminal again, everything will eventually return; usually doesn't take more than one or two attempts of exiting and re-entering the interface.

It is also probably worth noting that while this happens I cannot craft with the items that have temporarily vanished; the network acts as if they are not there.

Nothing shows on my client's log, or the server log. There are no crashes or errors or even warnings of any kind to paste here.

Mod & Version:
AE2 rv2-beta-8

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It can be repeated as it is a recurring bug, by simply checking any terminal on the network, including a wireless terminal.

Known Fix:
The issue seems to fix itself after a while, but only if I exit the terminal/network interface and try again.

Dannyaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
If you are on a server it could be a desync issue. On a single player or server game, it could be that the AE2 network uses all of it's allocated memory and can't calculate what items exist (not the game's storage drive memory, real life computer memory).

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. I do play on a server-- is there any way to definitively test that this is what's going on? I guess I could copy the world into a single player world to troubleshoot.

Is there a way to up the AE2 network's memory allotment?

Dannyaaaa

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I know of. I'm not sure if that is the cause of it, but from my experience with programming things usually won't load because I run out of memory in the program.