1.1.0: 1.1.1 - Can't gain XP

Spaig

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Hi all, long time watcher, first time caller.

When I logged into the server this afternoon, I found myself immune to XP orbs. I stand underneath my XP shower and gain no levels, essence berries do nothing to my bar, and slaying monsters has no effect.

The orbs drop properly, and they make the little jingly noise as they're absorbed, but I can't use any of it as XP, and the bar stays empty.

Have tried relogging and restarting the client, to no avail. Any ideas?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
So far, yes. Client restart attempted, waiting on server restart. No effect.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. Have you tried to use the xp you seem to have voided? Maybe it's a visual glitch?

Spaig

Jul 29, 2019
I have, I tried an experience drain focus and some low level enchantments. No dice, unfortunately.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum, the oddities continue. I can't think of any effects that drain your exp beyond the exp drain from OpenBlocks, and that's only when you stand on top of it. Alternately it could be something screwy with your char data on the server's end, like having negative exp or something.
In case it's either of these, are you in a position where you can get your char data wiped (after storing your items somewhere safe)?

Spaig

Jul 29, 2019
I can try that in a bit, but there's a new development. There was a brief slowdown on the server - sharp FPS drop on my end - and now EXP works again, and I apparently now have 24,791 exp levels. Very odd, but I'm not complaining. :p

When our admin shows up, I'll try the data thing.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, really? Huh, it's either a visual or tracker bug then. Maybe the server forgot what your lvls actually were, then over compensated, since I doubt you ended up with that much exp just from testing..... or did you construct the op exp farm Dire has and then leave it on for a week? XD

Spaig

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, happened in a flash. Guessing it's a tracker bug, since even if I wasn't seeing levels gained, there's no way I gathered that much in a few hours.