1.0.3: Ender Rail makes minecart disappear

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Connecting Ender Rails correctly, including properly configured Dimensional Transceiver channels, causes minecarts to bug out when they teleport with a player in them. The minecarts become invisible and the player can walk around while still "in" the minecart. Sneaking after the bug has occured teleports the player back to the position the minecart disappeared, and "dismounts" them from the invisible minecart.

Minecart will reappear after disconnected and reconnecting to the server.

It is worth noting that the minecart will teleport flawlessly if there is no player sitting it in. This issue only occurs when the minecart teleports with a player inside.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Easily repeatable, just set up any two Ender Rails (with appropriate Dimensional Transceiver settings) and ride a minecart through one. You will teleport, seemingly without a minecart, but you will be unable to do anything until you sneak to get out of the invisible minecart. Minecart cannot be interacted with until user disconnects and reconnects to the server.

Known Fix:
No known fix.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Could we get the logs around the time this happened? Might be an error message or two that could point to what's causing the issue.

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Sure thing, I'll recreate the issue and post up the logs. Which log files do you want pasted? Or will pastebin'ing the console at the appropriate time work?

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/9EWDmhb5

Here is the pastebin of the console, after I played around with the rails for a bit. Not seeing any error messages. You can see where I had to disconnect and reconnect to the server in order to make the "invisible minecarts" reappear. I have also edited out IP addresses, user names, and UUIDs for obvious reasons. Of the users you see, I am user "@@@", for clarification.

Not sure if this is all of the logs you need, if you would like for me to upload actual log files from the servers, just let me know which ones :)

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Update: I just realized when I teleport and I can no longer see the minecart.. it seems that I actually am unable to see all entities, including but not limited to minecarts. I have sheep in a sheep farm that also become invisible, as well as my pet wolves. Using the sound locator on my Dark Helm, I can see the sheep making sound within the boundaries of the farm, and I can hear them, but until I disconnect and reconnect to the server, they are invisible. Same with dogs.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hoho, now that is indeed interesting. Also means it's likely a rendering issue, though on the part of your computer/install of the pack, or the server itself, I'm not sure.

Alrighty then, lets determine what the environment is like. First, do you have any mods installed that did not come with the server pack? This includes things like Towns or other server functionality stuff.
Second, how does the server tend to handle throughout the day? Is it straining to keep up at all?
Third, is it only when you teleport with the minecart that everything disappears, or when you teleport by other means, like commands or ender pearls or witchery waystone stuff?

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time! To answer your questions:

1. Nope, everything installed is from the Direwolf20 1.7 pack, version 1.0.3 (up to date!). Nothing new added, nothing taken away.

2. Server doesn't strain at all. We actually recently moved hosting services, but I've moved worlds countless times before with no issues.

3. Only teleporting with the minecart, and only when I'm IN the minecart. I've used commands with no issue, and I constantly use the Ender (upgraded to have same functionality as the Staff of Traveling, which I also used to use).

Interesting thought, I'm going to get another player on the server to teleport through the minecarts and see if it happens to them on a separate computer, to rule out it just being on my client... will update with what happens.

Last edited:

Consiliem

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm this is getting more and more interesting. I think it might be an issue syncing with the server, based on what I just saw:

Player A gets in the minecart, it goes down the track and teleports. From Player A's perspective, they can see the game correctly except for the lack of seeing any type of entity (this also includes players now that I've tested that).

If Player B watches Player A go through this process, they see everything normally, as it SHOULD be. They watch Player A teleport, they see them IN the minecart on the other side, and the minecart goes as expected (in this case to a locking track, where it comes to a stop, as it should), containing Player A.

This is where I'm lead to believe there's a syncing issue. If Player A walks around and sees the missing entities etc., from Player B's perspective they never leave the minecart. They continue to look around as they should, but from the seated position in the minecart. When Player A presses shift to dismount from the minecart, they are teleported to the minecart's location (which is still invisible to Player A), and they leave the minecart normally from Player B's perspective. From then on, any movement Player A does is accurately seen by Player B. But Player A still cannot see entities until the reconnect to the server. Also, I did not mention, but when I say "reconnect" I do not mean a full client restart, I just mean hit Disconnect on the Game Menu and go right back into the game. Not exiting out of the client completely.

It is also interesting to note, that while Player A can walk around and look everywhere, they cannot interact anywhere in the world that is outside of their range from the "correct" position seated inside the minecart, exactly as Player B sees them. This includes both breaking and placing blocks, and interacting with any machines or other Tile Entity interfaces.

I tested this both ways, with me assuming the role of Player A, and my girlfriend acting in as Player B, and vice versa. Either way, the exact same bug occurs. Still with no error being mentioned in the console log.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like it's to do with the item then. May I suggest reporting it on the mods forum and looking to see if it's widespread, or just an issue with this pack?