1.0.2: Twilight Forest and Minefactory Reloaded interaction crash

HL971

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Capturing a Twilight forest spider in a safari net results in a crash.

ftb paste seems to be down now, so here is the log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305521/Crash1.txt

Mod & Version:
MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC4-676 / twilightforest-1.7.10-2.3.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, capture a spider from twilight forest in a safari net. Seems to be both reusable and single-use.

Known Fix:
Unknown

Drendude

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this bug, and I think that it is for all twilight forest mobs. Capturing recaps and kobolds also results in a complete game crash. I haven't the patience to test it on more creatures.

CreativeGuy2013

Sep 7, 2014
In the World of CRAZIENESS!
This is indeed now an approved crash. please check SkyBoy's bug report site or give him a pm over irc. This is definitely MFR's fault because of color picking eneteties on pleces where they dont exist. If you wnat me to I can go report it too. Tell me in this thread.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You mean turn off safari nets altogether? Sure, go into the configs and turn them off, though you'll also be turning off the best non-vanilla spawner in the pack, so other people may get mad at you.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 29, 2019
Was there any resolution to this? I cannot log in to the server at all anymore, client immediately crashes on attempted log in.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need to modify your inventory Boosted, or have a server admin do so. The item will need to be deleted from the inventory.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh, umm.... I honestly don't know for sure. I don't know where servers tend to put the files for player's inventories.This might be a thing you'll have to google a bit.

ShizukesaNZ

Jul 29, 2019
... I managed to catch a twilight naga in a safari net. the client crashed but when i re logged i had it in my inventory.