1.0.2: MyTown 2 mod does not work with Botania 1.2-131 we need Botania r1.3-138

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
Version:

What is the bug:
The latest version of MyTown 2 does not work well with any Botania-1.2-131, players can't break blocks with pickaxe or eat food they will get disconnected with message: Server Internal Error.

Mod & Version:
Botania 1.2-131

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
yes, just install latest MyTown 2 mod and try to eat or pickaxe a block.

Known Fix:
MyTown 2 developer said we need to update to Botania r1.3-138.

A update will be great since MyTown is a powerful protection mod. Thanks

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
I'm running a FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 server, do you expect all players to manually update the mod? The modpack should be updated, it's easier for all.

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 server, do you expect all players to manually update the mod? The modpack should be updated, it's easier for all.
Do you expect FTB to update a modpack for a single updated mod? Or to update that mod without rigorous testing to make sure it doesn't break the game? You're better off getting your players to update the mod themselves then trying to get FTB to update a single mod and then the modpack for this.

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
I think a lot of other server owners do need MyTown 2 to work on this pack since it's one of the best protection system. So it's not just for me.
Second, i don't know how does this rigorous testing work, but if v1.0.2 was so rigorous tested someone should notice that it's not working on cauldron, since a lot of servers use cauldron and not forge.

It's fine for me to update the mod, but we asked players if it will be easy for them and some have no idea how to do it manually.