1.0.2: Direwolf server crashing and Im not skilled enough to know why

Wolfsmyth

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
The server seems to have been randomly crashing in the last 2-3 days. This is a new thing and just started. Everything is standard for the mods minus pheumaticraft and I have Reliquary installed.

Mod & Version:
Direwolf20 1.0.2

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/MJVjJgEP

Can it be repeated:
Unknown as of yet.

Known Fix:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The crash seems to be related to IC2. So you could try breaking all MFR and IC2 machines and see if that clears it up. Also, on a side note you may want to look at your java arguments. MaxPermSize should be a lot smaller. Like 256M or 512M. The line below came from your crash report.

Code:
JVM Flags:9 total;-Xms64M -Xmx4096M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10-XX:MaxPermSize=4096M

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
That depends on how you are launching the server. Since you are using openjdk I'm assuming this is a Linux server and I would guess the ServerStart.sh is the file you want to edit. But, there are lots of other ways to launch the server. Personally I use a script that runs the server as a service under linux.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Then this server is hosted at a company that provides minecraft servers? If so contact their tech support about the permsize. However, I dont' the permsize is the root of your issue. I still think it is an IC2 or MFR machine.

Wolfsmyth

Jul 29, 2019
ok thanks for the help, I will also poke around with opis too see if i can find things that way

Geech6

Jul 29, 2019
While his permsize should not be that large, this crash has nothing to do with permsize.

It's a bug with IC2 and enetbridge. No one has any IC2 machines in our world. Crash is random, could happen 5 minutes after the same crash before it, and it could happen 6 hours later. It's triggered by something but not sure what.

Our crash below:
http://pastebin.com/DNFBZjfN

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I know during my server upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 I was getting a similar crash report. In order to get past this, I had to roll the server back to 1.0.1 (restored the backup copy of the world take just prior to the update to 1.0.2). Then have all of my players temporally remove any MFR machines that use power (didn't mater what type of power). Once that was done we upgraded to 1.0.2 without any issues and they could place the MFR machines back down. So I know MFR can cause reports that look like an IC2 problem.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it helps to say this, but wasn't enet bridge dropped in 1.0.3?