1.0.2: Crashing the game while creating a world

NarratorOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing was happening to me. I don't know what caused it and i don't know if it'll happen to me. However I do know that when I tried to create a different world starting on Easy instead of Peaceful it works. I'm not sure if the difficulty setting fixed it or just making a new world helped. You can try it yourself.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm, using the flatworld preset redstone ready, always crashes. Cannot link a paste bin because it exceeds 512kB (Realy!?).

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Sky, you've seen what part gets posted when others send in crash logs right? The part that talks about the error path and exceptions? Can you copy/pasta that to pastebin on it's own?

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
I've had the identical issue with both our server and client games. I'd notice it when I'd have the "starting chest" added using BoP as the world gen for single player, and/or if I 'falsed' out select biomes from the list of BoP choices it would do the same thing. (Identical error to the above.) It's almost as if; if it's not set exactly to download specs in BoP, it crashes. Plus sometimes with biomes on, it will run, but change even one of the biomes to false and it crashes again. It's a most unusual error. Since I've never seen other mods 'require' a biome type to function other than say tree-types for Pams HarvestCraft, I don't know the cause. So far the only commonalities are the worldgen setup, and select biomes required. (For which I've no idea which biomes are 'safe' to use.)
One friend suggested a switch from java 7 to 8, which I'll try, but at this point, I'm stuck without a server or solid client to offer for us or our friends to play on. I'll post back if I find a fix.

Griff. ^..^/

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
I've had the identical issue with both our server and client games. I'd notice it when I'd have the "starting chest" added using BoP as the world gen for single player, and/or if I 'falsed' out select biomes from the list of BoP choices it would do the same thing. (Identical error to the above.) It's almost as if; if it's not set exactly to download specs in BoP, it crashes. Plus sometimes with biomes on, it will run, but change even one of the biomes to false and it crashes again. It's a most unusual error. Since I've never seen other mods 'require' a biome type to function other than say tree-types for Pams HarvestCraft, I don't know the cause. So far the only commonalities are the worldgen setup, and select biomes required. (For which I've no idea which biomes are 'safe' to use.)
One friend suggested a switch from java 7 to 8, which I'll try, but at this point, I'm stuck without a server or solid client to offer for us or our friends to play on. I'll post back if I find a fix.

Griff. ^..^/
You should update your java but that isn't the issue, I am running 8 and still have it.