1.0.2: Crash on Death - ActiveEffect Applied ID#111

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I can confirm that something similar is happening to me as well. Upon death, an Active Effect is applied to the player.dat file, and once removed, the player can login to the server again. Their items are left in their grave (if using a mod for this) with no conflict.

I've tested this with no items in inventory, no baubles, and no morph. It always applies the Active Effect, and until removed from the dat file, will continue to crash the client when a player attempts to connect. The server does not crash.

Here is the NBTExplorer screenshot of the player.dat file

12-14-2014 3-56-46 PM.png

I've tested this while using either ForgeEssentials Afterlife mod, or OpenBlocks graves. This also happens in either the overworld, or any other dimension (nether, end, etc).

EDIT: I'm not sure why this would be BoP related, but I have not attempted to update BoP yet.

UPDATE - After further testing, I've found that this ActiveEffect ID#111 is applied after you click respawn. Happens to all players, and only until the click respawn is the effect applied to the player file.

Mod & Version:
Unknown

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/aFyQsyrQ

Can it be repeated:
Yes - since 1.0.2 update it happens every time you die.

Known Fix:
The only fix I have found is to open the players .dat file and remove the ActiveEffice ID#111 (per the screenshot above). This allows the player to login.

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
Might be possible, but not sure what would make it start happening in 1.0.2, especially for players that are not using Blood Magic in their builds. Is there a way to disable that debuff in config?

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
Well this definitely got me pointed in the right direction. It was Soul Fray, however, I did a NEI dump of the Potions, and it had Soul Fray listed as ID 115. I updated the server config (AWWayofTime.cfg) to have Soul Fray with ID 115, restarted server, and the issue is gone.

Hope this helps others having the same issue. This fix, or if you want to be extreme, you can also disable the Soul Fray debuff completely by editing this line to false in AWWayofTime.cfg: B:RespawnWithDebuff=true

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why it would crash. I am guessing a mismatch between the client and server configs.

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
Bingo - just odd since the only thing added to my client and other players is OptiFine, and the only server mod on top of the base Direwolf20 1.0.2 pack is ForgeEssentials & Dynmap. I found enough other posts online of other people having similar issues.

In fact, this was the last site I found having the same issue that eventually led me to the solution: http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/5946-disable-soul-fray/