1.0.2: AE2 Buses behaving strangely

Robertof

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
With the following setup
ICexjkC.png

(lots of cables as you can see)
the AE2 import and export buses behave strangely. They take a lot of time to connect to the system (i.e. switch from the "pink" color to the "blue" color) and they transfer items slowly. Sometimes the export buses stop working (they do not export anything more) until I put and remove an upgrade from their upgrade slots. The same with import buses, but putting and removing an upgrade does not fix the issue.
I thought it was a TPS problem but it isn't - the server tick rate is normal (20).

Mod & Version:
Applied Energistics 2 rv17 & 28

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes - using a similar number of cables in another world the buses take a long time to export/import items and to connect to the network itself.

Known Fix:
Nothing, updating AE2 didn't work too.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Slow transfer is intended unless you add some acceleration cards. The long time to connect to the network (which I've also seen) is probably also intended, because a rescan of the network (which includes reassignment of channels) is probably quite expensive.

But of course the buses should not stop working completely...

Robertof

Jul 29, 2019
Slow transfer is intended unless you add some acceleration cards. The long time to connect to the network (which I've also seen) is probably also intended, because a rescan of the network (which includes reassignment of channels) is probably quite expensive.

But of course the buses should not stop working completely...
However in a small network the transfer starts slowly (not too slow) and then accelerates, in a larg(ish) network like mine the transfer starts REALLY slow and then stops.
By the way, I found a workaround with export buses: use the redstone card and set to export on pulse, then use a timer from Project Red. It works pretty good with this.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Tangentially related. AE buses are causing large amounts of lag for no discernable reason, once they connect to a network. Also they do not appear to be able to draw items from at least Ender IO machines.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Tangentially related. AE buses are causing large amounts of lag for no discernable reason, once they connect to a network. Also they do not appear to be able to draw items from at least Ender IO machines.
Can't confirm the latter here.