1.0.1: Ore spawning percents are off

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I was mining under my base using a Tcon hammer. In cutting three strips of 5 chunks, i collected 33 gold ore and 6 iron ore. I think the gold spawn percent is off normal. I should not be collecting that much gold, and nearly no iron.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Load up a world and mine around Y level 12

Known Fix:

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
I know dire said that ore spawns were tweaked but damn...... All the gold I'm getting is awesome. I'm richer than a Saudi prince right now.

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
I really hope they fix it.. I have like 2 iron and 2000 gold ingots.

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Hund, Just mine around Y level 30 and you will find plenty of iron. That spawning chart is great.

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
Hund, Just mine around Y level 30 and you will find plenty of iron. That spawning chart is great.

I just hope they go back to the norma (and what I consider a more sane ore gen. I'm not sure if it something specific to this modpack or something that has changed in the 1.7 packs? I've been playing Minecraft for a long time and some vanilla (1.7-1.8 aswell) and I know this isnt a normal ore spawn at all.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I just hope they go back to the norma (and what I consider a more sane ore gen. I'm not sure if it something specific to this modpack or something that has changed in the 1.7 packs? I've been playing Minecraft for a long time and some vanilla (1.7-1.8 aswell) and I know this isnt a normal ore spawn at all.

It is so that you don't just mine at the same level for all your resources.