1.0.1: Extreme lag while using crafting table

sage199

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
After I have been playing the game for awhile I begin to get terrible lag when ever trying to use the crafting table. It'll take 3-4 seconds to open and then whenever I craft something it'll take 7-10 seconds to craft it.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix:
None

Reactions: QF5690

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like GUI lag which in my experience is client side which occurs for example when someone on your network is downloading a large file.

Are you on a server? If you ran it locally, it might not experience this.

sage199

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like GUI lag which in my experience is client side which occurs for example when someone on your network is downloading a large file.

Are you on a server? If you ran it locally, it might not experience this.
No I'm not playing on a sever it's all local

It_IS_Lupus

Jul 29, 2019
Update your java. I had that problem while running on Java 7,updating to Java 8 fixed it. Although I do crash after several hours because java no longer supports the permgen argument

MysteriusDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I got this problem too and running java 8, Client side, i got 8 gigs of ram on my comp so,
try it your self! SHiftclick a stack out from a crafting table and get a mini freeze

Banana_grume

Jul 29, 2019
Same for me, I have a good amount of FPS in game in general (around 120) and when I shift click for crafting something big (like a stack) I have some little freeze...

QF5690

Jul 29, 2019
Same for me. Are you guys sure it is client side? Because when I craft a bunch of things, I have game freeze for some seconds, but after that, I and other people on server experience server lag for about 3 times longer than freeze. I set up a steve's factory auto crafter, that crafts wood planks from wood, and gave it diamond chest full of wood. Everyone on server received "Connection Lost. Time out." and couldn't log in for about 1-2 minute. It was crafting all this time. I think it is somehow connected with vanilla crafting mechanic. It happens in AE terminal too, but I couldn't reproduce it on thermal expansion machinst's workbench.

Reactions: Cameron Malcolm

Banana_grume

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly ! Yesterday someone on my server craft like 6 stacks of wools (with strings) with his ME system, and all people have been disconnected for 25secondes.. don't know why :/

Anaerin

Jul 29, 2019
I have this same issue. It takes a while to manifest, and it's all client-side, not server-side. And the longer the game is open, the longer the delay is. And TiCon Crafting stations show this much more than regular crafting tables or AE crafting. Still present in 1.0.2

Reactions: Cameron Malcolm

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed a bit of lag when I craft a bunch of things at once, like a stack of crafting tables or something. Seems to happen no matter what table or interface I use.

QF5690

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf confirmed this bug in Twitter today, he says that we shouldn't use Steve's factory autocrafter, and more, he says that it is bug in extrabees.

Reactions: wissenforscher