Closed 1.0.1: Crash upon reload after running sphax texture pack

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I have run Infinity fine & opened and closed multiple times, I then installed sphax 128x and ran the pack fine but once closed it now crashes at the mojang title screen. I have down graded to the sphax 64x version in case that was the issue but no luck. I can not get the pack to run by deleting sphax I had to delete the whole pack & re download to get it to run again.

I have tested multiple times and it happens the same, runs fine until I close and try to reopen the pack.

I am running 1.8 version of java and have 4gb of ram allocated with an i5 4670k
& a gtx 770 2gb graphics card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b56f3a67

Can it be repeated:
Yes. You can repeat by deleting your ftb infinity folder re-downloading and running then installing the sphax texture pack. Then close and try to reopen.

Known Fix:

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Looks like MFR "detcord" mipmapping is causing the crash possibly? Try turing it off (Options -> Video Settings). Also make sure your Nvidia options are set to application controled or disabled.

-- Sprite being mipmapped --
Details:
Sprite name: minefactoryreloaded:tile.mfr.detcord
Sprite size: 2 x 2
Sprite frames: 1 frames
Mipmap levels: 1
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110571_b(TextureMap.java:202)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110551_a(TextureMap.java:90)

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like MFR "detcord" mipmapping is causing the crash possibly? Try turing it off (Options -> Video Settings). Also make sure your Nvidia options are set to application controled or disabled.

-- Sprite being mipmapped --
Details:
Sprite name: minefactoryreloaded:tile.mfr.detcord
Sprite size: 2 x 2
Sprite frames: 1 frames
Mipmap levels: 1
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110571_b(TextureMap.java:202)
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.TextureMap.func_110551_a(TextureMap.java:90)

Awesome thank you, I will try when I get home. You mention Nvidia options, where would i go to change these settings?

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
I'm an ATi user, so please excuse any incorrect assumptions; when you install you video card drivers, there will be a control app that will allow you to modify the functionality of the card and it's capabilities (3D settings, color palate, etc..). I believe it's called the "NVidia Control Panel". Somewhere under the 3D settings will be an option to adjust how mipmapping is handled. While you’re at it, check you driver version and update if necessary.

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm an ATi user, so please excuse any incorrect assumptions; when you install you video card drivers, there will be a control app that will allow you to modify the functionality of the card and it's capabilities (3D settings, color palate, etc..). I believe it's called the "NVidia Control Panel". Somewhere under the 3D settings will be an option to adjust how mipmapping is handled. While you’re at it, check you driver version and update if necessary.

Oh, ok awesome, I know where you mean now. The drivers are up to date but I will check and adjust the other settings as recommended .

Thank you.

CasualKiwi

Jul 29, 2019

Hi Fuzzbling,

After checking and adjusting what you suggested, I have reinstalled sphax and managed to reload my game 3 times so Hats off to you!

Thank you very much for your help, I would love for someone to teach me how to read the crash reports one day so I can at least have a crack at figuring out what is wrong myself. At the moment I have no idea where to even start.

Much appreciated,

CasualKiwi.