1.0.1: Crafting table lag spikes and console spam

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I placed down the crafting table and right clicked on it and it took ~5 seconds to open table's inventory. Crafting is also laggy. I tried running opis to see what is causing the lag but then minecraft froze. It will only happen after playing for a longer period of time.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/1a3236c2|
I am having some issues with the first link so here is another one if you can't access the first one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92370990/MinecraftLog.txt

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:
Don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: athompson673

Danyaal99

Jul 29, 2019
This also started happening to me when I tried to use the crafting station. Does this problem occur for you when you use the Vanilla crafting bench, or the crafting station, or both?

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
I only used vanilla crafting bench so I don't know if it's also happening with crafting station.

athompson673

Jul 29, 2019
I have experienced the same lag spikes with crafting in the 2x2 inv. crafting area, the factorization pocket crafter, the tinker's construct crafting bench and station, and oddly enough filling water buckets. If more people see this thread and comment, it's priority may get elevated :D it'd be nice to have it fixed.

ftb version: Direwolf20 (v1.0.1)

repeatability:
noticeable lag after around 15 min. of gameplay.
problem intensifies as time progresses.

temporary fix:
close mine craft and launcher then re-start.

Reactions: Cameron Malcolm

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Pocket crafting has some serious performance issues. Takes 3-5 seconds to show up.Was all happy when I noticed we had it. Trashed it immediately when I noticed how laggy it was :(

The rest of the 'lag' I noticed when crafting was related to NEI. This happens in crafting table, chests, whenever it shows NEI. Seems to be related with NEI filtering some items or showing items with animations. If I remove the filter, it is smooth but if I filter for 'forge' it starts lagging the client!

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, what me wonders : why there are any Swing-components ? MC runs as a 3D-rendered system with LWJGL. There shouldn't be any other Component as Swing or AWT. Some mod makes something horrible wrong. Also i've never seen a AIOOBE : Invalid Index. Normaly the wrong index is printed out (and mostly is negative as this isn't allowed by Java-specs). So either some mod is more than horrible implemented or there are some errors with the launcher / log window. Anything else would be a complete messed up JRE/JVM wich is very unlikely.

For all those who doesn't know what I'm talking about : Java has 3 different main-frameworks for GUIs : AWT, Swing and JavaFX. None of those is used by Minecraft as Minecraft is "rendered" as a 3D-screen with the help of an "game-engine" called LWJGL and is basicly a OpenGL-binding with some basic "game-like" code around it to make it easier to use. The Exception thrown marks that something went wrong while updateting a "JTable" (wich is just a table as known from excel) to present some data in a "normal" Swing-GUI. Even this Exception is very strange (as I noted : "Invalid Index" ... I've never seen it before) this "Component" shouldn't even be there at all.
The only thing wich uses Swing is the launcher itself and the log-window. But the log-window doesn't use a JTable. So from this "quick overview" it seems to be an error in the launcher wich seems to not correctly close and keep running "invisible". This is one solution.
The other solution could be that some mod-author tried to used Swing-components in a LWJGL-3D-screen (wich afaik isn't even possible). But this would effect all users, not just a few. And I didn't got this Exception so far.

The third but very unlikely solution could a damaged Java installation. But even if then the launcher itself wouldn't work at all, or at least it was also very unlikely.

The problem with such "abstract" calls : they can't be tracked down as no-where in the Stack the "add()" call is noted so it can't be determined where this JTable comes from or in wich GUI it tries to work. It would take a complete de-compile of the mods and the launcher to find it.

Cameron Malcolm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having the same issue with the Tinks table when placed into the world causes a 5 second lag spike dropping fps to 0. Really frustrating . Restarting the client seems to work. I guess il just have to avoid using that item until possible bug fix or solution

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently having the same issue with the Tinks table when placed into the world causes a 5 second lag spike dropping fps to 0. Really frustrating . Restarting the client seems to work. I guess il just have to avoid using that item until possible bug fix or solution

update to 1.0.3

Cameron Malcolm

Jul 29, 2019
update to 1.0.3
Have done the bug still occurs. Keep pressing E to open inv rapidly and from there onwards you will notice ever time you open a chest/crafting table anything like that will be a delay/lag with a texture pack enabled this lag can last 5-10seconds. Or this can happen naturally by playing and opening chests/crafting tables etc after a good 5-10mins of gameplay

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
Try to uninstall every java version from your pc and download the newest one and install it.

Cameron Malcolm

Jul 29, 2019
Try to uninstall every java version from your pc and download the newest one and install it.
Did a fresh install of Java & the modpack it's still happening bug causes the fps to drop to 0 for 2-5 seconds whilst accessing any sort of inv. It's making it unplayable : /