1.0.1: Buildcraft Filler issues

nl37tgt

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Playing SSP

Upon finishing a clear operation (cube area defined), the game will still run, but mobs stop animating (except for the occasional horse tail animation) and most simple machines stop functioning (Ex: pressure plate controlled doors). No machine interfaces will load, no items can be picked up. The filler is able to be broken but doesn't drop an item and reappears like it was never broken after a couple minutes. Left the game running for 10 minutes to no resolution. Rubberbanding occurs after a long delay like some operation is stuck in a continuous loop and causing a lag. Chunk updates stop completely. The green status "light" on the filler stays green, like it still has work although the operation is finished.

The filler also exhibits this behavior when using horizon mode with a 2D area defined but does it when it it's first powered. Sometimes it will sort itself out and do the operation, other times it stays bugged. Other filler functions generally work.

Trying to exit the game just causes it to hang at the shutting down server screen.

Additional mods installed: OptiFine 1.7.10 HD U A4 (no texture pack) and Fastcraft 1.9

Opis enabled, Journeymap disabled.

Java 1.8_25 (64bit)
Launcher args: -Xms2048m -XXPermSize=256m
4GB max on the FTB launcher slider.

Win 7 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7 940 2.93GHz
6GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD5850

Mod & Version:
Buildcraft 6.1.5n, 6.1.5 stable, 6.1.7 stable

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
i've repeated it in both survival and creative with multiple versions of buildcraft but it is intermittent and seemingly more prevalent in my survival world.

Filler is powered using a TE energy cell and either a rednet energy cable or an EnderIO cable. The larger the work area size, the more prevalent the issue seems to be. For testing, I used a 64x64x64, but I've had it occur with any size.

Known Fix:
Currently the only fix I've used is to disable buildcraft in the launcher. load the last save, save and exit and enable buildcraft again. doing so will wipe out everything buildcraft already in the world obviously. Alternatively, recovering from an Aroma backup should work as well.