1.0.1: Biome ID Conflict -- BoP/Vanilla

Thiana256

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
As shipped, the BoP ID for "Boreal Forest" is 140. This conflicts with the Vanilla "Ice Plains Spikes" ID (see http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Biome#Biome_IDs). This removes the vanilla biome from the game (and breaks PixelMon).

It should be noted that there are a lot of ID overwrites in the selected BoP range. 129-134, 149, 151, 155-158, 160-167 are all vanilla ids being overwritten by BoP.

Mod & Version:
Minecraft 1.7.10 / Biomes of Plenty 2.1.0

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Try find an Ice Plains Spikes biome ;) Or more quickly, install PixelMon and watch it crash until you change the ID.

Known Fix:
Moving the ID for Boreal Forest to 246 ("Woodland ID" + 1) fixes the issue.

The other overwritten IDs need to be moved too but I'm not sure if we're allowed biome IDs higher than 256 and there are more than 10 biomes being overwritten so shifting them all to 246+ might not work.

Edit: BoP crashes if you try using ids 255+, so for the extra ids you can use <124. With those changes everything seems to work.

Last edited:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
I think this works as intended as BoP don't just "add" new biomes but replacing existing ones. As said by Direwolf20 this was done in a group mainly on his wishes. So I just guess it was one of those well-known "Dire-Derps".

Thiana256

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes are enabled/disabled in biomegen.cfg (with a true/false flag). The ids are in ids.cfg. Completely separate files/features.

Though oddly enough *all* the biomes are enabled in biomegen.cfg. Maybe the correct cfg files werent added to the pack when it was shipped? This issue is still present in the 1.01 pack.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, of course it could be just a simple copy'n'paste error. Or someone used a bit of random-code to generate these IDs without checking for already existing ones. Or maybe it could be as I said and this "override" happend on purpose.
All I know by myself from earlier testing on 1.6.4 is that BoP just don't add new biomes to the existing ones as like ExtraBiomesXL did/does but also alters some world-gen and therefor it overrides some vanilla IDs. I just could imagine (didn't tested) that this override is reverted back to normal when you start a "default" world instead of "bop".

Also you mentioned another mod "PixelMon" ... so it's possible that this ID conflicts are provoked from this mod.

Thiana256

Jul 29, 2019
From a recent BoP commit message, its likely that what we got are the default BoP generated configs from an earlier version of BoP. In Build 1.7.10-2.1.0.989, the dev mentions fixing an issue where Vanilla uses <id>+128 for sub biomes which BoP didnt account for when auto assigning ids. DW1.01 uses BoP 2.1.0.1004, so the configs must have been generated earlier.

It cant be PixelMon causing the conflict because PixelMon doesnt add any biomes at all and it has nothing to do with the biome ids BoP is using. Plus the problem is present without PixelMon (generate a 10k x 10k world and try find any of those overwritten vanilla biomes).

Even if this use of pre existing ids was deliberate it's a pack bug since BoP has specific support for disabling Vanilla biomes in the previously mentioned biomegen.cfg. Though from DW20s comment about only specific biomes being enabled (in S7E1), when they are *all* enabled in the shipped pack points to us not having the same configs that he does.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Though from DW20s comment about only specific biomes being enabled (in S7E1), when they are *all* enabled in the shipped pack points to us not having the same configs that he does.
Yea, watched this also and also noticed he said "only specific are enabled". Also the keybindings are really wired cause there are lots of conflicts.
I waited so long for the DW20 pack to released to get "good" configs as when I put my own "pack" together I always get some issues or some server-client conflicts. It would really helpfull if Dire would add his specific configs to the pack instead of using it by himself and modifing them to his personal feelings.