1.0.0: Many Items are not stackable

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Version 1.0.0 - 1.0.2

Many items are not stackable even though they have the same ID. For example, "torches", here you can not degraded torches with built torches stack together.

---

Please excuse my bad english. I can not absolutely and use the Google translator. Please respond in light english without foreign words or abbreviations.

Mod & Version:
every Mod

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix:
-.-

Nailbunny

Jul 29, 2019
I think I ran into this where found torches (including recovered torches that were previously placed) and crafted torches did not stack. When I ran into this, what I did was prioritize placement of the torches that weren't stacking with the one I had crafted.

I haven't messed with torches lately to know if it is still an issue in 1.0.2.

Note, I use the cobblestone based torches instead of wood.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried placing and breaking them again to see if that fixes it? That seems to be a common fix to this issue.

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
It is still at version 1.0.2 too and at 1.0.1 too. And it is every Item... not only torches, torches I have say only for example.

xKazlyn

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem with clay, had a stack of 62 and I could not make it go to 64, no matter what I tried the stacks would not combine

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hum.... So odds are this is a meta data thing. I think, basing this off stuff that happened during 1.6 Monster. Can't say I know much more about it than that though.

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This problem is not specific to DW20. I have the same in my custom 1.7.10 modpack. I believe it has to do with the recent move away from id's and that somewhere in the forge and/or minecraft code this isn't yet handled properly. Not sure if there is a solution for this.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting little update; recently decided to use Flying Flower seeds (Pneumaticraft) to get feathers, and they drop their own seeds once they hit maturity. I threw a couple vacuum hoppers around to collect them, but the seeds ended up sorting themselves into two stacks: The ones called Flying Flower Seeds, and ones named something like "itemPlasticseeds(some random number).entity". To fix it all I needed to do was grab them out of the hoppers' inventory, and drop them out of my OWN inventory, at which point they all reverted to the Flying Flower version.