1.0.0: Equivalent Exchange 3 Values Dissappearing

Brock_games

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Sometimes the Energy Values for certain items just aren't there. Torches and Chests are just a few of the items that I have registered in the research table in the past, but sometimes when I log in they aren't assigned a value and therefore don't show up in the Transmutation Tablet.

Even when hovering over the items and holding shift it shows no energy value for this item.

Yet other times when I log in, all values are there as they should be and everything is fine.

Mod & Version:
Equivalent Exchange 3 version 0.3.507

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
No, it is just sometimes and restarting the game occasionally fixes it but not always.

Known Fix:
I have tried re-installing the pack and the individual mod with no luck.

Nahaniel

Jul 29, 2019
Reintall the pack, go into the config folder and search for EE3.cfg!
For me its on this path: C:\Users\Olfington\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Horizons Daybreaker\config

You need to chenge following line:
S:energyvalues.regenerateEnergyValuesWhen=Always to
S:energyvalues.regenerateEnergyValuesWhen=Never

This will prevent the EMC loss...hope it helps and sorry for the bad english ^^

Ligands

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0: Still happening, still a bug. Loss is only temporary, only occurs about 25% of the time, as restarting the entire client (single player) generally fixes it. It consistently affects the vanilla book, chest, diamond block, as well as a few others (and naturally everything using them as recipes, such as enchanting tables etc). Deeeeeefinitely don't want to have to re-add the values every time it occurs, because the EMC values are only lost temporarily anyway.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

Mini Xevis

Jul 29, 2019
ya updating my server(from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0) has had this issues as well and everything i have seen to try and fix it doesn't work. using ee3h to give the stuff values and then puting it in the book then looking in the book at that item it shows its value as 0. any info to fix this issue would be great thxs

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've updated my 1.0.2 server to the new version and have lost emc items.

I know Horizons is in beta stage but it's a big bug.

Ligands

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm changing the setting to 'S:energyvalues.regenerateEnergyValuesWhen=Never' fixes this. (it was set to 'Always')
In the comment above the line in the config file it mentions that the default value is 'When mods change'- I'd propose making this the default setting instead of 'Always', should fix the problem

Kreu

Jul 29, 2019
It may not be the exact problem that Brock_games is having, but my Tome of Alchemical Knowledge resets to default any time that I log out of my server.
I can research items or blocks again and they appear in the tome with the correct EMC value, but every single time I log out and back in, they are all gone.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
My tome reset too. I'm boring to learn ender pearls and blaze every (real) day.

Changing the config help (especially after typing /ee3h regen to recalculate emc) but not all values return.

In 1.0.2 all ee3 stuff have emc (alchemical coal and all fuel), after the 1.1.0 thing ee3 stuff have no values.

Last edited:

str8jkt

Jul 29, 2019
Removing the mod WiiEMC resolves this. It doesn't affect multiplayer servers (can disable locally)