Watchful11
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've heard jaded say they wouldn't allow public 1.7 packs till the official packs come out, so they aren't limited because of packs with the concepts. What if we have a concept that the official FTB isn't going to use? Jaded has stated many times that there would be no gregtech balanced pack, and that's what I'm trying to do.
    Reactions: RealSketch
    R
    RealSketch
    3-4 weeks...that gives me enough time to really build on my 1.7 modpack in progress.
    R
    RealSketch
    EDIT: I've actually seen somewhere in the 3rd party modpacks section a 3rd party 1.7 modpack? Is this a one off?
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    The majority of the packs in that section fall under the 2nd category in the above list, which are not restricted.
    I realize you have stuff to do outside of minecraft but can i get a update on custom pack that was sent around earlier this week? my server is not going to pay for itself sadly. the sooner the pack is up the better. Please an update? thank you XD
    I wonder how many old members exist that are still "new" XD
    hope you had a good birthday though, hadn't actually noticed how close it is to mine, april seems very common...
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    I can actually say it was about the most mundane birthday I've ever had, and my 21'st to boot. But I got a shiny new computer monitor and a nice mattress, so that's not bad.
    Have you guys ever considered adding an "in-browser-download" feature, to download mods like optifine to packs? Similar to the ATLauncher's feature?
    D
    DrSoda
    It's defiantly not necessary, but still a nice option none the less.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Well, optifine is about the only mod that we could want that we don't have permission to distribute. And by making it an official option to install, we have to provide support for it, which we don't want to do.
    D
    DrSoda
    True, fair enough. I wish the optifine author wasn't so stubborn!
    I have 2 quick questions. The instance.cfg and version.json are included or not? Also, what do I name the two images? icon and banner?
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Not included. Doesn't really matter, just make sure it's clear which one is which.
    D
    DrSoda
    Thanks!
    HELP my argarain skies save got wiped and i had a back up and that wont work i am so close to done
    How do you submit the modpack to you. The conversation thing doesn't have an add file button.
    E
    elinea
    Upload your pack to mediafire / dropbox / mega or whatever you prefer, and send Watchful11 a link via PM
    Yo, im new to this mod pack creation stuff, but as I was reading the guidelines for a private pack,i got stuck on the part of png splash image which got me confused on what it is, if you have the time to answer this it'll be a great help to me thank you.
    B
    bearbear12345
    What do you find hard about it?
    Basically have a 42x42 icon, PNG format (Client icon)
    And a 420x200 image, PNG format (Banner)

They are not necessary, but contribute to the "fullness" of your modpack, and also for aesthetics.
    whats a instmod? as im currently building up a private pack for submission and confused on what it is
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    Don't worry about instmods, or coremods. Simple version is they only apply to 1.5 packs and I haven't had time to change it.
    Could you please update the link to the spreadsheet in the "guidelines for private server modpacks" page? Also, could you please update the example download with the mods from the new spreadsheet? If you could do this (or let me know I missed a post or something) it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    I am working on rewriting the guidelines to work with the new spreadsheet, but I don't have a lot of time, so I haven't been able to finish it. Sometime soon though.
    G
    Goofyshnoofy
    Just a follow up question, do you have any estimate at all for when it will be updated?
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    I wish I could say. Every week I think I'll get it done, but it never seems to happen.
    Btw, can we recommend people for the third party pack team? I'd like to recommend InsaneJ, he has a good sense of how mods work and their bugs and stuff like that.
    Watchful11
    Watchful11
    That's totally up to them. They have to decide if they want to donate their time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…