Why put news on twitter, reddit but not the main page?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
OP made a valid point. A little late though, since it seems that the FTB team is starting to get better at disseminating information. He wasn't asking for more information on when the launcher will be released, just for the FTB team to put important news updates in the news section of this site, instead of various places scattered over the internet. Up until the "Why no new launcher." post, you had to scour the internet for information. Even then, there still isn't a news post about the new packs that are out, but there is information about them on other parts of the site, and they are still releasing packs and fixing various issues. I can see why they would wait a bit, but I still hope for another news post when they release the Ultimate/Unleashed replacement in a week or so.

If the FTB team continues to post important update information on this site like they have been recently, then there is no need for threads like this to exist.

I think the main problem is that some members of the FTB team and forum staff have gotten fed up with all the people asking for updates. Whether those people are asking politely or complaining/flaming. The thing is, one of the contributing factors that caused so many people to keep asking was that until recently, information was hard to find. That said, even now there will still be people who keep asking, whether they are entitled, are just kids, are trying to cause an argument, or simply just don't know better. It's unfortunate, but it's not going to stop.

All I can ask is for the FTB staff to show patience, and not let it get to them. If you want to make a news post but don't want to deal with people flaming or pestering about updates, then disable comments or just ignore the people who keep asking.

Reactions: QueWhat

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I am posting this here since I believe it is not relevant in the "Why no new launcher." thread and therefore I deem this to be the best home for my well-intended post:

Am I correct to suspect that someone who uses the 22nd letter in the alphabet to initialize his username is looking towards the void in FTB that is media/community relations? :D

your going to make me count aren't you...

KaosK

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't looked at this thread in a day or two, though I can't say I'm surprised that it turned out this way. But I still would like to comment on this shneekey remark.
The basic problem here is that while the OP asked for 'communication', what he is actually asking for is 'the launcher will be released on x date'. Which isn't going to happen before it happens. This has been stated MULTIPLE times. If the OP cannot read the FAQ's, he deserves that sort of an answer.
Let me assure you, it's not up to you to decide what I was actually saying despite of what I have written. You may have your own opinion based on your own assumptions but that doesn't make it true. You should know that, since it seems like you like to read about logical fallacies and rhetorical devices. And while you sure are very eager to point out their presumable use in other people's comments, may I remind you that part of understanding, is to realize when oneself is utilizing such methods. It's not always just the others who fall prey to cheap argumentation techniques. Most of your comments, I must say, just come across like your own version of name-calling and that in a very descending attitude.
I mean honestly now, completely misstating what someone has written and building an argument on it? You could say it's part confirmation bias, part straw man fallacy, but actually it's just pulling stuff out of thin air.

So, to shortly restate what I actually said:
I did not ask for more news and I did not ask for any specific news (i.e. the launcher).
What I did ask for was a central place where all existing news is gathered. (That place does exist, it's just not used.)
And yes, that is a form of criticism but, in my opinion, of the helpful and constructive kind. Also, I did notice that in the last news post was a lot of info about where to go to get more info and that's a great step in the right direction. I still wish for a central news place, but at least now I know where to go. Now that might not have happend because of this thread, but I do think that when people speak their opinion it makes a difference.
And finally I don't think it's necessary to get the big "that's self entitlement" cudgel out and beat down on an opinion, if it's stated respectfully.

Reactions: danny75