Request FTB IE 1.7.10 Final Update? Mekanism and OC request

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Hey together,

I wonder where the final update for FTB Infinity Evolved is because a few mods have received updates before 1.7.10 was dropped.

Also why is there no OpenComputers officialy in it? CC is a) to easy and has b) ofen resulted in server crashes because of problems with their monitors and what is drawn on them.

OC has a muc more better handling, a much more better API, is more realistic and has no stupied server crashes when using monitors.

I could place it in my instance manually but then I can not connect to the server where I am playing because the server owner says: "It is not included by default." (which is stupied because it is not a legit argument)

Same goes then to Mekanism, not included but makes no problems.

Means finally that I primaly request to finaly update FTB IE 1.7.10 and to include Mekanism and OC (and it's Addons). And don't tell me it has smth. todo with balancing because in such a pack there is indeed no balancing ;)

Sidenote to OC: It is like with LP and AE2, why is AE2 in it? LP is enough for a storage system or why LP? AE2 is still better as LP. Means why is der only CC and not OC together in it to choose which you would want to use?

Chears,
Chaoschaot234

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hoookay kid, hold your horses. You're not getting the updates, but not for the reasons you've already staked out. It's actually quite a deal more simple:

The pack developer decided to not include OC or Mekanism. It's that simple. OC wasn't out when the pack was first released, and CC was a popular mod at the time (thanks in no small part to DW20's use and abuse of it), and Mekanism... well, there were social/political reasons it wasn't included. And considering the pack is no longer being maintained, since we're clear into 1.12.2 territory these days, you're probably never going to.

As far as LP... it's dependent upon Buildcraft, and the 1.7.10 version of LP was both late in the update cycle and not particularly impressive. And everyone had already upgraded to AE2. So by the time LP came out, Infinity Evolved was already released, and they weren't adding new mods to the pack. See previous comment.

Infinity Evolved was released years ago. Nobody is going to change the whole pack to suit your personal convenience. If your server owner isn't willing to manually include them, then either play single-player, or play without. It's that simple.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Interesting that this is handled as "personal convenience" but hey, I don't care about it because it isn't "personal convenience", it is a full quallified request and nothing else!

Social/political reasons for a mod? Do you want to kidding me? Sorry, but a mod has never ever todo smth. with social or political things. A mod has only todo smth. with the
rigth to use it in a public modpack or not. All other arguments on this are bullshit, sorry but this is the truth (if you would look at it from the german side, but normaly social/
political things have nothing todo nor have they any allownes to exists in combination with mods ... not sure if I should laugh or cry about this stupied argument).

And don't tell me that the x5 production from it would break things *laughing* then remove Draconic Evolution, because there tools are breaking things to, so it is also no argument
against it.

Hmmm, DW20's use/abuse of CC ... hmmm, don't care about it. Because OC lives long enough to be included in the pack. This could have been happened since 3.x of this pack but
no, nothing happen, only because DW20 uses it a lot? Has DW20 more rigths here as the request from the community? Sorry, but normaly a pack maintainer would look closely at the
mods and would then deceid to either include it or not and if he/she is unsure about it, why not asking the community? Many players are also using OC and/or switching from CC to OC.

CC is normaly for easy things and CC for more complex things (and for design, because it looks much more realistic, but this shouldn't be the point to put it in or not).

Finally, even if we would be at MC v20 ... there where final fixes, e. g. with Binnie's Mods which no longer requires the Binnie Patcher mod which is one mod less to load. Sounds in the
first way stupied but in the secound way it makes sense because of all (final) fixes. Also Mystcraft has received a final updated because of it's "right-click-kick-bug" on one of it's table.

Some things are small others are big and if I compare how many are playing 1.7.10, 1.10.2 and 1.12.2 I wonder, why they are playing 1.7.10. Because it is after all the best version with
the higest mod support. Means that a few main packages/flag ships (like IE) should be maintained a bit longer.

At the end adding Mekanism and OC doesn't hurt, also updating/changing other mods to be at the latest version for 1.7.10 of them.

1.7.10 maybe dead for modding but not for playing it, this should be taken care of it.

Now here some private reasons:
  1. Removing out one mod can increase performence
  2. Updating all mods to their final versions weill not end up in receiving: "Hey, are u using our latest version? No? Please update first and come then back if the problem/bug still exists, thanks."
  3. Mekanism has a x5 ore multiplication which is not that easy to maintain. Well, maybe its reactor could be a little bit OP but not more OP then Draconic Evolution (OP mod #1).
  4. OC is a nice addition to CC. With CC you mainly maintain e. g. BRs or other things, maby also a big storage system. However, OC can do this stuff to and it does not crash the server if smth. went
    wrong with the screens gui drawing (not sure why this only happends with CC Screens but it happends and when it happends I'll definitly go and report this, even if I must use the latest IE thread
    for it because CC/OC without screens or any computer in MC without screens would look stupied and how would you scale it to fit it for your use?).
I see more pros then cons for releasing it as 3.0.3 final and I think that it would make many players happy to. However, this depends on the FTB IE Team, which either ignores this request or thinks about it
or does other things atm ... we will see what will happen ^^

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Interesting that this is handled as "personal convenience" but hey, I don't care about it because it isn't "personal convenience", it is a full quallified request and nothing else!
And that's where you are wrong. You are requesting that the pack developers go back and work on a pack that is already past its life cycle and include mods into the base pack, potentially disrupting hundreds of servers because of the update, because you, personally, are wanting the mods.

Social/political reasons for a mod? Do you want to kidding me? Sorry, but a mod has never ever todo smth. with social or political things. A mod has only todo smth. with the
rigth to use it in a public modpack or not. All other arguments on this are bullshit, sorry but this is the truth (if you would look at it from the german side, but normaly social/
political things have nothing todo nor have they any allownes to exists in combination with mods ... not sure if I should laugh or cry about this stupied argument).

And don't tell me that the x5 production from it would break things *laughing* then remove Draconic Evolution, because there tools are breaking things to, so it is also no argument
against it.

Hmmm, DW20's use/abuse of CC ... hmmm, don't care about it. Because OC lives long enough to be included in the pack. This could have been happened since 3.x of this pack but
no, nothing happen, only because DW20 uses it a lot? Has DW20 more rigths here as the request from the community? Sorry, but normaly a pack maintainer would look closely at the
mods and would then deceid to either include it or not and if he/she is unsure about it, why not asking the community? Many players are also using OC and/or switching from CC to OC.

CC is normaly for easy things and CC for more complex things (and for design, because it looks much more realistic, but this shouldn't be the point to put it in or not).

Finally, even if we would be at MC v20 ... there where final fixes, e. g. with Binnie's Mods which no longer requires the Binnie Patcher mod which is one mod less to load. Sounds in the
first way stupied but in the secound way it makes sense because of all (final) fixes. Also Mystcraft has received a final updated because of it's "right-click-kick-bug" on one of it's table.

Some things are small others are big and if I compare how many are playing 1.7.10, 1.10.2 and 1.12.2 I wonder, why they are playing 1.7.10. Because it is after all the best version with
the higest mod support. Means that a few main packages/flag ships (like IE) should be maintained a bit longer.
Wow, quite the workout there beating up poor Strawmen who weren't even involved in the discussion there. This entire section is entirely irrelevant to the matter at hand.

At the end adding Mekanism and OC doesn't hurt, also updating/changing other mods to be at the latest version for 1.7.10 of them.
Why? Because *YOU* want them to? Again, wanting someone else to do your work for your personal convenience.That's what this boils down to. Dress it up all you like, beat up on poor defenseless Strawmen all you like, it doesn't change the fact that you are demanding that the pack developers go back to a work that is already past its update cycle because YOU want them to and your server manager won't do it unless they do. Since it is trivial to add mods, I can only assume that your server manager simply doesn't want them included, and is being painfully polite to you by trying to foist you off here.

1.7.10 maybe dead for modding but not for playing it, this should be taken care of it.
Why?

Now here some private reasons:
  1. Removing out one mod can increase performence
  2. Updating all mods to their final versions weill not end up in receiving: "Hey, are u using our latest version? No? Please update first and come then back if the problem/bug still exists, thanks."
  3. Mekanism has a x5 ore multiplication which is not that easy to maintain. Well, maybe its reactor could be a little bit OP but not more OP then Draconic Evolution (OP mod #1).
  4. OC is a nice addition to CC. With CC you mainly maintain e. g. BRs or other things, maby also a big storage system. However, OC can do this stuff to and it does not crash the server if smth. went
    wrong with the screens gui drawing (not sure why this only happends with CC Screens but it happends and when it happends I'll definitly go and report this, even if I must use the latest IE thread
    for it because CC/OC without screens or any computer in MC without screens would look stupied and how would you scale it to fit it for your use?).
I see more pros then cons for releasing it as 3.0.3 final and I think that it would make many players happy to. However, this depends on the FTB IE Team, which either ignores this request or thinks about it
or does other things atm ... we will see what will happen ^^
If they are polite, they will simply ignore your demand phrased as a 'request'. A bit less polite, and you might start getting the moderator's attention.

Your problem is the inherently flawed assumption that you have the right to request someone resurrect a long-dead project and update it for your personal convenience. If you don't like the way your server plays, don't play on it, do your own, or play SSP.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I'm sorry OP but @ShneekeyTheLost has the right of it. This is a dead pack. FTB has not and most likely will not ever go back to a pack that has exceeded support to update mods or remove/add mods. But, as @ShneekeyTheLost also pointed out twice, you are more then welcome to load your own instance of the pack, add/remove/edit config of, all the mods you want and play until your hearts content. This is what the rest of us do when a mudpack is just a little "off" of what we personally want to play.

As for asking your server owner to make changes to the mudpack to suit your desires, unless you are a major stake holder in the server you have to take what you get. If you want more say offer to pay a larger portion of the server maintenance and upkeep cost and maybe s/he will be more inclined to make changes to everyone game experience to suit 1 player. Or, poll the rest of the people on the server to see if they would like to see the same changes. If the majority of the player community on a server want a change the Admin is far more likely to listen and comply. I would also suggest loading an SSP of the pack and adding the mods to see if they do break anything. Keep in mind that Mekanism adds Osmium to the ore gen. The Server Admin would have to retrogen huge portions of the world to get the ore in or players would have to explore out to unexplored portions of the world to cause the generation of the ore thereby making the world file on the server larger.

So in the end, I'm sorry to say, adding OC would probably not be that much of a change but Mekanism would be and the ramifications of that addition go a lot further then your arguments of date account for.

twocents1.gif

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Make your own pack. That's the wonderful thing about Twitch, all the mods, all right there. Just make the pack yourself.
All 1.7.10 packs are on life support. A major game breaking bug will be fixed but no updates or new content. @ShneekeyTheLost is right, why? 1.10.2 has everything now. Thaumcraft is there. There isn't anything in 1.7.10 that's not in 1.10.2+ plus more things like Roots, Embers, and Astral Sorcery!

Last edited: