The Dumping Ground

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
No promises.

There it is. No promises as to what gets put here. However, I've been long considering starting a place where I can show bits I like, theorycraft, or otherwise if and when I get to it.

So...
5HrhdiC.png

...that happened.

Let me give you a quick overview of the situation. Two friends and I are playing Beyond on a server. We all landed day one and struck out on our own. I spied this wonderful flat of land against a scenic lake feeding a river. As luck would have it, one friend settled over the mountain from me, and the other settled on an island which serendipitously lie straight out of the mouth of my river. I set up a mine - like you do. I tried to dress it up a bit, by actually placing wooden supports, as I went.

I play slowly, I've determined. Now, its hard to gauge this truly with the minimal amount of free time I get to devote to the addiction, but even when plating beside my server mates, I just seem to plod along, Not that there's anything wrong with that, I don't mind it, except it puts me in an odd predicament.

You see, I've decided, just now actually, that I am the architect of my own demise. I enjoy theorycrafting. I talk with my friends about crossmod efficiencies and ways to make the world infinie. Unfortunately for me, they use some of these theories to actually make the world infinite, then lose interest, the plodding man loses much ground.

What amuses me this playthrough is that I actually haven't done anything except theoryxraft, oversee a few projects, and build a bridge. Hell, I still live in a roofless shack. My highest form of tech tree is whatever it took to get the pieces I needed to do the job. I bought power from a friend rather then build my own grid, even though I knew it was free for the taking, But I built a bridge.

Now, in no way shape or form did I start playing on this server with the intent of building a bridge, When I started my mine, I dug into the side of the mountain. When I decided to break ground, it was on the other side of the river. For a while, this wasn't bad, as I was making regular trips downstream to visit and trade. After a while, even the lovely new boat mechanics became unacceptable. A bridge was needed, and thus a bridge was built.

Well, you've read enough of my ramble...

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Here it is from the otherside (same bank) in the daylight, Handcrafted using locally harvested Quarried Stone and hand mined, hand baked Nether Brick and locally grown Spruce, the Bridgeport Bridge is a workout of ArchitectureCraft and Chisel and Bits. With just a few more connective pieces in the rounded edges ArchitectureCraft will be perfect.
EneVsJB.png

whUXwmY.png

You can see my boat launch still visible in this last one.

The settlement side gate:
604efE9.png

Looking from center back to boat launch:
1Pdfvz2.png

Crossing the bridge into the mineside gate:
mg61gPC.png

You can actually see my Waystone (added to the pack, and highly endorsed) where travellers and guests arrive. Notice that this forces people to walk across the bridge to get to me camp. Both of my servermates have had flight for ages, so its kind of a running joke.

So, here's something fun I captured by accident:
Before:
UaWaCsQ.png

After:
xLYqydP.png

It would seem, this is how I plod.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, when you once said you could lose your whole life to Chisels + Bits, this is what you were working on! :p

Reactions: JaRyCu

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Looks great. Get a big of middle-eastern vibe, a style that I have wanted to build something in for ages.

Oh and careful with the CnB sloping grounds. I went down that road a few times with carpenters collapsible blocks. It just eats large chunks of your life :p

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, C&B landscape looks amazing, but isn't efficient until you're sure the area is finished. Otherwise, any small alterations cascade into hours of smoothing without actually accomplishing anything productive.

I'm debating moving into the bridge. On one hand, my actual "base" is minimal and will fit with ease - its simply a walked off chunk with my crap in it. On the other hand, if I move in, I'll likely never move out, and the bridge was never intended to be living quarters. The determining factor will likely be server longevity, as it seems the interest of the friends I play with is beginning to wane. I may do as much interior decorating as I can before it goes up in smoke and call it a win.

I keep putting the idea of Sprout in my friends' ears. Ever since I first saw the concept of the pack, I've been excited to try it. I tried a brief SSP, but my computer can't do it on its own - I'm pretty sure it's on its last legs as it is. In that small sample though, I felt immersed in a way I haven't felt since my first Vanilla experiences. I am determined to play it one way or another, even if it's not immediately (gives the time to polish and stabilize, I guess).