Suggest a Skyblock

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, so let's talk about Skyblocks.

I absolutely adored Agrarian Skies for 1.6.4. I'm in the mood to try something similar. However, there's a slight issue.

I run Linux, so I can't run the Curse Launcher (well, I probably could through WINE or POL, but I don't want to have to go through the extra installation steps for a launcher I'm not particularly fond of) and I'm really NOT a fan of AS2's locking inventory slots behind achievements.

What I'm really tempted to do is take the 1.6.4 version of AS and update it to 1.7.10, except that's going to absolutely murder the quest book. Mods have changed, and the change between 1.6 and 1.7 so that it no longer used item ID's for recognizing items with HQM is going to mean completely re-writing the bloiting thing.

I'm trying SkyFactory2. May need to customize it a bit, however at least it doesn't have HQM to wig out on me.

Does anyone have any other skyblock maps they like playing on?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
You can take basically any pack and turn it into a skyblock. Just make a creative Superflat world consisting of one layer of air, then give yourself an Angel Block and some other stuff to start yourself off before switching to survival mode. You may need to adjust some recipes (or add Ex Nihilo and addons) in order to make things actually attainable.

As an example, @goreae has done precisely this with Infinity Normal Mode and written about it here.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you haven't got your heart set on a Skyblock, Modular Mayhem is pretty fun.

You could also play Regrowth as a Skyblock, since it uses a combination of Agricraft and Magical Crops to produce all it's stuff. (The Default map has all it's ore gen turned off.)

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to wait a little while...well, I'll just say you ought to check out Tahg's and NoobPCGaming's streams (among several others playing on FTB One). ;)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If you're willing to wait a little while...well, I'll just say you ought to check out Tahg's and NoobPCGaming's streams (among several others playing on FTB One). ;)
Are you referring to the Expert Mode Skyblock that DW20 and Soaryn are doing? It does seem interesting. I'll have to check it out once it goes live.

Reactions: Flipz

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having quite a bit of fun with a mostly pure Botania Garden of Glass world; just the NEI type mods beyond that, nothing with blocks. It's interesting trying to figure out how to automate things without the normal transport solutions. Since it's a skyblock you can easily add new mods at a later date, as long as they're not worldgen heavy like Thaumcraft.

Though I really do miss the builder's wand when expanding my platform.