1.7 listed packs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
As I've mentioned in my updates thread, I'm finally about ready to release some 1.7 3rd party listed packs. Tfox and I have looked over a number of good packs, but the most important part of a good pack is people wanting to play it, so I want to give you guys a chance to weigh in.

We are only interested in packs that:
  • Are built on 1.7.10
  • Are already on the launcher as a public unlisted pack
  • Have a post in the Public Packs section

If you are the author of such a pack, PM me by clicking on this link. This is your chance to "sell" your pack. Write a paragraph or two of explanation about your pack. I'm especially interested in the packs "theme" and what makes it unique. I can compare modlists all day, but I simply don't have time to give each pack a proper play through and really see what it's about.

If you are a player and really like a pack, post about it here. Same idea, post about what you like about the pack and what makes it unique.

This is not a contest to see who can write the most elaborate message, or get the most players to comment. There are a lot of other factors I'm considering for the listed packs, but I feel it's important to see how you guys feel.

Automation2000

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend
Wanderlust Reloaded - A smaller but still good kitchen sink pack
Impact Flux - Cool progression and hardcore twists
Mechanical Titan - Basically a kitchen sink pack
Flux Galaxy - Provides a different way of progression through a pack

Sephrik

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't played any ftb pack except for Wanderlust Reloaded, because I like my own packs better most of the time, but this modpack is fabulous.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Xellik

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend
Wanderlust Reloaded - A smaller but still good kitchen sink pack
Impact Flux - Cool progression and hardcore twists
Mechanical Titan - Basically a kitchen sink pack
Flux Galaxy - Provides a different way of progression through a pack

As much as I'd like to vote for Impact Flux, the pack creator has been MIA for a bit.

Wanderlust Reloaded and Flux Galaxy are both great packs, though. They both get my vote.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
Like @MissLid I also suggest Tolkiencraft II. I've been playing and streaming it since early beta, and I've enjoyed the heck out of it. The mod author @GreatOrator is very active and has put a lot of work into fleshing out two styles of quests in the the pack: NPC Quests and HQM Quests. Between the two there are currently 170 quests in the upcoming 2.2.0 version.

What makes it unique? The intricate, lovingly crafted city of Draconis where you start. The use of NPC quests from Custom NPCs in conjunction with the HQM Quests. The feel of a living city with NPCs all over, doing their thing. Annoying you by being real and going to sleep when you are trying to turn in a quest. ;P And this doesn't even get to the the part where you head to Middle Earth and embark on the LOTR mod in that land! I haven't even scratched the surface of all that GO has put into the pack, but I keep getting distracted by trying to build my base on flower power (Botania). :p

I enjoy the care that GO has put into choosing mods that suit the feel of a medieval, magical realm, and his care in choosing shows - yet there is still just enough technology for us automation aficionados. A lot of these mods are ones that are entirely new to me, or ones I've only played with briefly and I find the mix he's chosen both challenging to master and fascinating. And don't get me started on all the magic I want to get into, I've been distracted enough with trying to automate things with flowers!

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see let it end go on the listed list when it gets out of alpha :) Excellent lore, fun to play and unique!

Reactions: jordsta95

Kill-Joy

Jul 29, 2019
Running Red 2: Vampire Money would be amazing to see listed. Once again, Gideon's put an emphasis on story, and has yet another alternate way to create ores. It even makes use of Lore Expansion in some creative ways.
It's centered around combat, and has several mods in it that, once again, change what we define to be Minecraft. Instead of getting ores by mining, you'll be getting ores by killing a variety of creatures, such as the Special Mobs ones, using combat mods such as M&B. And, it has you think about every kill you make, as each kill can affect the eventual outcome of the pack. Even if it doesn't get listed, it's definitely worth playing. Although it's different than the original, it's gameplay is just as fun and different, and it's story packs the same, if not more, of a punch.
RR2 has my vote for being listed.

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest Tolkiencraft 2. this pack is doing something with questing far beyond any other pack ive seen giving you the option of a tolken style world (with quests) or you could just run through the questline in the overworld and there is still the option of leaving all that behind and playing away from the city (which is spectacular btw) without any of that fast paced city life save the world mess that w all play games to get away from right. if i didnt still have a pickaxe in hand i would have forgotten it was even minecraft. also Crafting Paradise has to get a vote as it is an excellent spin on a skyblock map and i just love that you actually know when you've won.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I agree with PhoenixCraft II and RR2.

PCII's a brilliant pack, it contains loads of enjoyable content, and the mine/modtweaker recipes make everything more enjoyable.

RR2's already been talked about.

C

chbachman

I'd fourth PCII. Its a good pack, with a really enjoyable and hard skyblock aspect to it.

ShadowKOD

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest Builders Paradise a mod pack that centered around building mods but expands into magic and tech mods, its a mod pack that has a little bit of every thing for every one.

Reactions: navy12333

Chewablebliss

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to second the Builders Paradise mod pack.
It was the first ftb mod pack I had tried and is very close to my heart. It's great for both beginners and those who have more experience. The person who put it together added in a little thing for everyone! There are tons of new mobs to discover and fight with! Endless fields of flowers you can use as decoration-in gardens-and even magic! Flowers not your thing? How about adding in some blood then? Or maybe you like to tinker-play with technology? It's got you covered. No matter who you are-what your preferences there's SOMETHING for you to like in this pack. I cant even scratch the surface in this small paragraph. I've played this mod pack for over a month and im still learning new things constantly! Sadly I don't think it gets the attention it deserves. That's why im here to let my voice be heard too.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day :)

navy12333

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to third builders paradise, it's a very good mod pack that is a lot of fun, their are a ton of blocks to play with and very different ways to live your 'Bp' life you can follow the magic route and kill your foes out of thin air or you can take the route of tech and destroy your enemy's with shear power. I have played a lot of mod packs over the last year and at the moment this is the one to play! All this mod needs is recognition of how good it is!

Thank you for reading!

Doragon14

Jul 29, 2019
I have another request for the Builder's Paradise Modpack by BeerCav
Every paradise starts out as a hostile wasteland. Nothing is going to be friendly or easy, but you take from the land to build up your own amazing home. Use a combination of magic, machines, and creativity to master this amazing modpack. There's even a server run by the creator of the pack for everyone to play on together!

Ogreboy

Jul 29, 2019
I have try to enter code tolkienadv2 for Tolkiencraft but it dont works. Is that right code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.