Modjam 4 Discussion Thread and Reviews

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Destroys worlds isn't itself a problem.

Look at Mystcraft ...

Hmm. Maybe a gigantic monster could be an instability?

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
[Two Cents] For example, as much as I am sure it was very hard to make It Fell From the Sky. I will be saddened to see it win any of the categories. Nothing against the mod itself, but that is a vote because the author is cool and not for the mod. If you really look at the mod it doesnt add anything terribly appealing for use in game play with the exception of compressed pork block and it destroys worlds.[/Two Cents]
Couldn't agree more, it's certainly fun, but fun in the "all_the_world_is_super_fun" TiCo setting manner.

I haven't played any, but from what I've seen my favourites so far are Progressive Automation, Electromagnetic Coherence and Solstice. The cooking mod looks nice as well. I hope for some Harvestcraft/Hunger Overhaul integration there. Bad Ores seems like a nice parody =)

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
i have been using corruption a bit, and it is awesome, but.... it needs a softer transition to color-blindness. one second you are fine, then BAM your colorblind.

@Kihira

Zebia

Jul 29, 2019
Tried Cybernetica cause it sounded like a neat concept, but couldn't get it working :(

Kihira

Jul 29, 2019
i have been using corruption a bit, and it is awesome, but.... it needs a softer transition to color-blindness. one second you are fine, then BAM your colorblind.

Hehe yeah I know. It was my first experimenting with shaders and I didn't have time to try and do something fancy but gonna look into smoothing it out for a full release

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Hehe yeah I know. It was my first experimenting with shaders and I didn't have time to try and do something fancy but gonna look into smoothing it out for a full release
also, i am getting console spam, and flickering colorblindness.
[07:01:18] [Client thread/WARN]: Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.
[07:01:18] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Removing colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:18] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Applying colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:18] [Client thread/WARN]: Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.

[07:01:19] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Removing colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:19] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Applying colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:19] [Client thread/WARN]: Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.

[07:01:19] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Removing colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:19] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Applying colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:19] [Client thread/WARN]: Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.

[07:01:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Removing colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Applying colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>

[07:01:20] [Client thread/WARN]: Could not find uniform named InSize in the specified shader program.

[07:01:20] [Client thread/INFO] [Corruption]: Removing colourBlind from <PROFILE NAME>
repeating over and over....

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I told him next time to just make an obsidian tools mod and he'd still win some prizes. He agrees.

he doesn't even need to enter and he's still win... don't misunderstand though, he's a good modder and the mod he made wasn't bad, but the spots it ranked at...
sadly there's not really a way to preven this from happening, as a huge part of modjam is to have the community watch the mod developers do their coding for their mods, so you can't really keep it a secret from who's doing what...

I was thinking that perhaps the winners of the previous modjam could become part of the organizers/jury of the next modjam, but that'd be alot of people

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
he doesn't even need to enter and he's still win... don't misunderstand though, he's a good modder and the mod he made wasn't bad, but the spots it ranked at...
Couldn't agree more, although I'd almost say it is a bad mod. Of course it is fun, but seriuosly, who is going to have that in a mod pack? It's something you put in your mod folder, check out out in a test world, have a hearty laugh, stop minecraft and then delete from your mod folder.
Now compare this to the bad ores mod. It is the classic more ores, more tools mod but done in a fun way, maybe even just to troll your players if you are a server admin :)
This is something I would actually play with.

Moridin

Jul 29, 2019
I love iChun and many of his mods, but I honestly don't feel like he should've placed in some of the categories he did. As said by belgabor, its one of those mods to have fun with, but you'd never use it seriously. Something like Sync is incredibly useful. Same with Portal Gun, Gravity Gun and Morph should you choose to use the abilities in the last one. Summoning Pigzilla is just fun, and that's about it.

I don't believe iChun should be banned from further entries. He's too good of a modder to keep away from this sort of thing. But I would at least appreciate votes going towards what the actual category is supposed to stand for, you know?

Ah well... onward, to Modjam 5!

Reactions: Padfoote

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
"Pigzilla" may seem silly, but there's the idea of something similar to it becoming a future mystcraft instability. So ... yea, I would not want one in the overworld, but think of it visiting a cave world ...

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
"Pigzilla" may seem silly, but there's the idea of something similar to it becoming a future mystcraft instability. So ... yea, I would not want one in the overworld, but think of it visiting a cave world ...
Sure, let my clarify. I think it is a bad mod, but it is also fun and certainly can become a good one with a couple of updates.
But also judgement on Modjam should imo be based (at least mostly) on what is there, not what it might (and therefore also might not) become.

Also to clarify me saying it is a bad mod, I do not think the technical execution is bad. But for me the central point that makes a good mod is whether it's fun to play. Play being, well, play, and not check-out-and-throw-away.