Problem Sever stutters, often crashes with "Cant keep up"

190nm

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a local server for FTB and Im getting stuttering issues where my framerate is just fine, it's not taking hits; but the game is still laggy because it freezes for a few frames every couple of seconds

I'd love to look into JVM arguements but every one I use fails to launch the server, and I can't even read the command prompt because it closes too quickly

My Specs are
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.16GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-25)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
238GB SAMSUNG SSD 840 Pro Series (SSD)
932GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ (SATA)

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Are you running the game and the server off the same machine? If you are that will take a lot out of your computer. Doing so is not suggested. Try these arguments they are crafted specifically for performance.

190nm

Jul 29, 2019
That's the problem. I have no idea how to use the arguements

As far as I know, I just put them into the server start.bat like this
5eGmQ.png

but when I try to launch it it gives me this error shortly before closing out. The server does not launch.

5eGrG.png

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
It is hard to tell in the first image with wrapped text turned off, but did you add the path to your server.jar? Looking at the old arguments I think I may be able to help. Remove the first 'java' from the file. Now at the end of the argument you pasted add ' -jar "put the server name.jar here" nogui' to the file. Make sure that the space is there before the -jar in the text above and in the quotes add the server name which is by default ftbserver.jar As long as they are in the same folder. You might also want to remove all the extra spaces before the end of the text.

Edit: Eyamaz replied to your post in the thread. Please follow his directions if they contradict with mine.

Last edited: