Whitelist Server Volition Gaming - A Family Friendly Server [New World, Plugins, Dedicated, 24/7, and more]

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds great, I'm looking forward to punching some wood!

BTW: If the server will have ComputerCraft and turtles enabled, would it be possible for you to copy in some of my programs to the .../computer/... directory structure on the server? I'd hate to print-out and retype my programs as the in-game editor is tedious to use. Once they've been uploaded to the first computer's directory structure I can use disks to move them between turtles/computers.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Sounds great, I'm looking forward to punching some wood!

BTW: If the server will have ComputerCraft and turtles enabled, would it be possible for you to copy in some of my programs to the .../computer/... directory structure on the server? I'd hate to print-out and retype my programs as the in-game editor is tedious to use. Once they've been uploaded to the first computer's directory structure I can use disks to move them between turtles/computers.

Couldn't you use pastebin? You should be able to save all of your programs to pastebin then pull them into the new server.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you use pastebin? You should be able to save all of your programs to pastebin then pull them into the new server.

Yup, I could probably do that too. I suppose as long as HTTP access is enabled it should work, some servers disable that access so that people don't download programs written by other people. The argument being that turtles are "OP" when used with pre-written programs and that the cost of turtles is the effort the user must put into writing their own programs.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
that access won't be disabled, however, I will be making a mining world and will prefer for mining turtles to be used in the mining world (which might be reset occasionally, so building there might be a bad idea :)). Turtles/Quarries/etc...I have no problems with them being OP (I don't play minecraft for balance...I play it to have fun and build cool stuff).

I might limit them for preventing lag and that type of thing, but other than that it's fine.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
that access won't be disabled, however, I will be making a mining world and will prefer for mining turtles to be used in the mining world (which might be reset occasionally, so building there might be a bad idea :)). Turtles/Quarries/etc...I have no problems with them being OP (I don't play minecraft for balance...I play it to have fun and build cool stuff).

I might limit them for preventing lag and that type of thing, but other than that it's fine.

I have some utility programs for my turtles that aren't strictly mining programs. For example: I often use a turtle to hollow out a room in a hill or underground so I don't have to deal with the tedium; would that sort of program be allowed in the overworld?

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, certainly. I don't mind them being used in the overworld at all (even if you want to use them to mine under the surface...I just don't want any big holes left in the surface making things look horrible :D Even quarries in the overworld will be fine as long as you dig down a bit before you start using them.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Aw, sweet! The mining program I wrote (inspired by the YouTube video series "ComputerCraft Challenge") mines straight down examning each side of the hole for ores and returns to the start when it bottoms out. I had a more sophistcated version that would attempt to mine in a similar fashion on the way up, but it would occasionally glitch and retrieving it was a pain, so now I just sink a bunch of vertical shafts.

Usually I clear out a room underground or in the side of a hill and sink shafts in the floor of the room. This can lead to some dicey situations if the turtle hits a cave as now the cave is littered with holes down to bedrock. The poor soul exploring the cave needs to be very careful! (Go ahead, ask me how I know. LOL!)

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
The poor soul exploring the cave needs to be very careful! (Go ahead, ask me how I know. LOL!)

lol, yeah, that's why I would actually prefer it to be done in the mining age, but I don't really mind if you do it in overworld.

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Staxed,

Just checkin to see if there is any update on the server. Have a bit of time today so hoping...

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just got home, wife sprung a required suprise labor day lunch with some family on us and didn't get a chance to mess with things last night. I'm still working on permissions as a result, so I'm hoping soon :). Gonna buckle down and hopefully get it done in about an hour or so.

Reactions: Stocks

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
I actually just got home, wife sprung a required suprise labor day lunch with some family on us and didn't get a chance to mess with things last night. I'm still working on permissions as a result, so I'm hoping soon :). Gonna buckle down and hopefully get it done in about an hour or so.

Whenever you're able to open the server, my super-secret Minecraft user name is "whd23" I happen to be away from my house now, but if the server is open I might be able to login later.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, the permissions for pack with so many mods is going to take a while to get things straighted out, so what I'm going to do is open the server as a sort of "beta test".

Everyone who I PMed (and their family) is welcome to post your usernames here and I'll whitelist you, and you guys get to help work out kinks as they arise.

I will be getting the forum up tomorrow, and that will be the place to go for information/changes/etc.

So, with this warning...the server could be restarted a few times a day (for just quick changes, nothing long) while I get things straighted out...the world won't be reset during this time though so feel free to build stuff without fear of losing it.

I have disabled Mystcraft to start because the permissions for it are rather lacks and I can't restrict it in the way that I want, however, we do have essentials so you can use /home (I'm still working on how many of these to allow for people, and of course this is something that will probably be increased for donors). The beta testing group (think there's 10 people I messaged) will be promoted to VIP, which is the top tier of donators.

So, with that said, server IP is 198.8.83.253. If you find something that doesn't work, or you don't have permissions that you should have, let me know and I'll get them fixed as soon as I can. Figured I'd at least get it launched.

twostocks, threestocks and whd23 have been whitelisted and promoted.[DOUBLEPOST=1378150230][/DOUBLEPOST]oh, enable all extra mods except for deathtimer

Reactions: Stocks

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Staxed, my username is jc2xs. And, just to give you some background info, I am a 48 year old male. Most of my builds are more technical in nature using various automation (turtles, golems, AE, railcraft, RP frames). Going forward, I would like to learn about MFR, Rednet, Tic). I have done a little with TiC in my SSP.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Staxed, my username is jc2xs. And, just to give you some background info, I am a 48 year old male. Most of my builds are more technical in nature using various automation (turtles, golems, AE, railcraft, RP frames). Going forward, I would like to learn about MFR, Rednet, Tic). I have done a little with TiC in my SSP.

whitelisted and promoted :)

TiC is pretty fun, I've already got it all setup in a temporary spot at my base, just gotta get some weapons/tools made now :D.[DOUBLEPOST=1378200765][/DOUBLEPOST]http://198.8.83.253:8123/ is the dynmap for the server as well.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Couple of questions. 1st, what difficulty level is the world set at? I'm hoping for hard. But, with families playing I could see making it easier if needed for them. Also, ender tanks & chests how do you want to assign colors? Personally I like what they did on Forgecraft where every player chooses the first two colors. That way every person can setup a total of 16 chests and tanks. Typically I only need 3 or 4 chest colors and prefer tesseracts for liquids however, I may use one or two early game for lava.