(Adventure/Survival) The Abandoned House [FTB Unleashed]

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
The Abandoned House

Your adventure finally has arrived. You wish to seek the abandoned house in the woods that everyone has dreamed of going to. But wait.. Someone was already here? How strange.

This is an adventure and survival map by OlexaKid and Chillzjoey that uses a unique style of objective and goal completion unlike a normal survival map. Using the new FTB Unleashed modpack, we created a map so different from other survival maps that it's worth giving a try. It very strongly uses the Vending mod so make sure it is enabled in the modpack.

Features:
-A really cheesy storyline
-An awesome house that can be used as a survival world, getting started world, and more
-Over 70 objectives and goals to complete
-A great landscape and beautiful structural scenery

Mods:
-Ensure that you enable the Vending mod

And of course, pictures.

2013-08-01_17.02.34.png2013-08-01_17.03.09.png2013-08-01_17.04.04.png2013-08-01_17.04.35.png2013-08-01_17.04.52.png

And the download! We haven't beta tested the map yet but I was hoping that one of you guys could help us with that so we could put out a for sure awesome download :)

The Abandoned House v.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymw7d2nhru3l5wb/Abandoned House v.1.zip

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
For the objectives, it would be nice if you put the key in a display case or something so you don't have to go creative mode to go pass through the arcane doors. Remember that you are the only one who can open them.

Also, I have a bit of a cheating problem, so I play with NEI locked on utility mode, so on this map, I can't get through the doors at all unless I dig for forever and a half.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
For the objectives, it would be nice if you put the key in a display case or something so you don't have to go creative mode to go pass through the arcane doors. Remember that you are the only one who can open them.

Also, I have a bit of a cheating problem, so I play with NEI locked on utility mode, so on this map, I can't get through the doors at all unless I dig for forever and a half.

The point of the vending blocks is so that you can trade for the key to go through the door... I understand that the doors are only openable by me but the keys are linked to the door thus making you do the challenge in order to pass through.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Well I don't have the vending mod enabled. You should post what mods should be enabled in order to use it, as not all mods are enabled by default, like the vending mod.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't have the vending mod enabled. You should post what mods should be enabled in order to use it, as not all mods are enabled by default, like the vending mod.

If you read the description I tell you to enable it...... But I added a new part to make sure.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I didn't bother to read the description, because I was going to play it anyways! also, a description is not a good place to list dependencies, as many people don't bother to read it. I usually just read enough to know the basics then go for it. anyways, there are a few challenges with possible issues. These may be intentianal, but I thought I'd post it anyways:
  • A couple of farming goals are missing goal signs
  • there is a chest in tinkers construct that has no reward.
  • the chest under ferrous ore is miising a reward.
  • one of the chests in power/energy is missing a reward.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't bother to read the description, because I was going to play it anyways! also, a description is not a good place to list dependencies, as many people don't bother to read it. I usually just read enough to know the basics then go for it. anyways, there are a few challenges with possible issues. These may be intentianal, but I thought I'd post it anyways:
  • A couple of farming goals are missing goal signs
  • there is a chest in tinkers construct that has no reward.
  • the chest under ferrous ore is miising a reward.
  • one of the chests in power/energy is missing a reward.

Thank you. Those are the kinda things that I wanted to know about. Although the chests without rewards were intentional. I decided that giving rewards for everything especially some easy things wasn't the best. But the signs missing is bad. I gotta fix that. I'm new to map making so thank you for the feedback.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Thank you. Those are the kinda things that I wanted to know about. Although the chests without rewards were intentional. I decided that giving rewards for everything especially some easy things wasn't the best. But the signs missing is bad. I gotta fix that. I'm new to map making so thank you for the feedback.
Well if you don't want to give them an actual reward, you could always give a joke reward. The kind of thing where the player is dying to know what awesome loot they are about to aquire, just itching to burst through that door and empty that chest, and then they find a bowl. Thanks game. Thanks.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey
Well if you don't want to give them an actual reward, you could always give a joke reward. The kind of thing where the player is dying to know what awesome loot they are about to aquire, just itching to burst through that door and empty that chest, and then they find a bowl. Thanks game. Thanks.

Do you mind giving your rating on the map? I know it isn't an amazing map but I'd love to know your opinion on it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
It's time for my Nether portal-based review template! You ready? OKAY!

STORY: 3 Rather believable, but it is a bit cheesy.
GAMEPLAY: 4 I really like the way you give the player free reign to do whatever they want, and having the challenges be just a guideline on what to do next.
DIFFICULTY: 5 The challenges aren't completed right away, but aren't completely impossible either.
AESTHETICS: 4 some things (like the waterfall) are a bit ugly close up, but besides taht, it all looks really great.
QUALITY: 3 To be honest, this map really did not need a storyline at all. Also, there are a few silly bugs in it, like keys popping out behind the doors they are supposed to unlock, and missing challenge signs. Besides that, I like it quite a bit.

OVERALL:
P8Zqm7Jl.png

10 obsidian. It's getting there, but not quite there yet. Still missing that spark to get it alight.
2013-08-02_15.29.59.png

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
It's time for my Nether portal-based review template! You ready? OKAY!

STORY: 3 Rather believable, but it is a bit cheesy.
GAMEPLAY: 4 I really like the way you give the player free reign to do whatever they want, and having the challenges be just a guideline on what to do next.
DIFFICULTY: 5 The challenges aren't completed right away, but aren't completely impossible either.
AESTHETICS: 4 some things (like the waterfall) are a bit ugly close up, but besides taht, it all looks really great.
QUALITY: 3 To be honest, this map really did not need a storyline at all. Also, there are a few silly bugs in it, like keys popping out behind the doors they are supposed to unlock, and missing challenge signs. Besides that, I like it quite a bit.

OVERALL:
P8Zqm7Jl.png

10 obsidian. It's getting there, but not quite there yet. Still missing that spark to get it alight.
2013-08-02_15.29.59.png

Thank you so much! It really means a lot :) and the waterfall was actually a mistake with the filler... XD we decided to turn it into a waterfall XD

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Thank you so much! It really means a lot :) and the waterfall was actually a mistake with the filler... XD we decided to turn it into a waterfall XD
Well it would be nice to at least clean it up a bit, so it looks less of a mistake and more of a man-made structure. And the keys do get stuck behind the doors. I was able to get them with a coin of fortune, but still.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Just cause it seems to say something about block ID 116 mismatching on FTB Unleashed 1.1.0 or so

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Just cause it seems to say something about block ID 116 mismatching on FTB Unleashed 1.1.0 or so
That's just enchanting+ being derpy. Even if there is an enchanting+ enchanting table in world, then it will just be replaced with a vanilla enchanting table without the mod. You're fine.

Jankan001

Jul 29, 2019
I like the map a lot, only one 1 remark: the objective room makes me claustrofobic :)
keep on the good work!

JWolfCrafter

Jul 29, 2019
Hey OlexaKid, I Was Wondering If I Could Possibly Do A Youtube Series With Your Adventure Map. The Map Looks Cool And I'd Like To Do A Series, But Before I Start Recording, I Want Permission From You. So I Ask, Can i Do A Youtube Series?

Youtube Username: JWolfCrafter
Twitter: @Jwolfcrafter

Please Respond ASAP, I Really Want To Record The Adventure Map![DOUBLEPOST=1377999880][/DOUBLEPOST]Please Tweet/Friend Me On Skype ( If You Have Either ) For A Response, Otherwise Just Reply Here