Would you look crazy to a stream?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I think I would when I realize I've been pacing and muttering and opening chests for 10 minutes without actually making or doing anything because I'm planning 1 step, 3 steps, 7 steps ahead to this tentacled self-sustaining monstrosity that crosses 6 mods and will be so badass that it's almost insulting that you have to use this single damned stirling engine to kickstart the entire process.

Must make pacing room.

What materials to make it out of...

*pace*

Reactions: Whovian

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine any viewers I would have would get incredibly irritated by my inability to find the items I'm looking for. It's also been a long time since I've played around with IC2 and seem to have forgotten how in depth recipies get (this machine needs this which needs 3 of these 12 of these 4 of these and 2 of these, while each of those needs 5 or 6 components which also need 3 or 4 components)

My modular power suit is taking forever to put together...

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I feel ya, started GT 2 days ago for the first time (I vastly prefer the bc side of the house) and yea.. crafting shock. Promptly made 5 fabricators lol.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that I'm not used to it.. I put over 250 hours into a server on 1.2.5 and was heavily invested in IC2.. I realise it's no GT.. but still there was a lot of component parts to IC2 even then.

But I've never seen anything on the scale of MPS... it's just... so deep!

Reactions: Jess887cp

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I would look nuts to a stream. I get shit done, but I mutter incomprehensibly about random things and I use weird voices and I just say the most random stuff ever.
Then again, I'm pretty crazy anyway. So.

Sent from my phone using black magic

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
No I know Lambert lol, that's why I sympathize, I was pro at ic2 in 125 as well but all the mental quickness and muscle memory is just gone. Going back to 147 from 151 as I did this week is brutal btw -_-[DOUBLEPOST=1369272891][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and the mps stuff... it's almost frustratingly awesome no? MM just keeps pumping it out, I dunno how, but every release is just .. "you thought THAT was something? ha!". The wings Rorax was wearing on FC2 the other day...... *shakes with need*

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
All throughout 1.4.7 I never touched IC2, never touched MPS, never touched GT... now I'm playing 1.5.1 and trying to make a Power suit and I'm just so outta practice :p It's been almost 6 months since I've made anything so complicated!

Reactions: kilteroff

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I don't mutter, and I'm good at remembering things; I'll decide I want a new igneous extruder, so I'll sit still doing absolutely nothing for half a minute or so while I figure out that I need eight glass, one gold, seven iron, two redstone, three planks, four cobble, and... I think it's two tin?... then I'll just go get all those components and slap them together.

But I spend much longer figuring out what I'm going to build. I probably spend most of my time in-game wandering in aimless circuits around my bases, occasionally pit-stopping in front of the oracle turrets or checking where my turtle is up to.

When I watch most instructional Minecraft vids, within seconds I'm wishing that the creator had simply pre-recorded his actions then added the voiceover. Instead I'm treated to a minute or so of absolutely nothing happening while he stutters through his introduction and tries to explain what he's going to do. For this reason I aim to find text-based guides whenever possible.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I am crazy.

I will aimlessly fly in a direction, go somewhere else. Talk to my golems and machines like they're my friends.

I will be like "I don't have any iron. Time to start a new quarry, I guess."

Then I will look a while later and find a ton of iron blocks in a chest I placed because my inventory is cluttered..

But if I streamed/recorded I would try not to make retarded I-didn't-read-guides-wikis-or-watch-videos-goofs.

*glances in general direction of GenerikB*

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
My modular power suit is taking forever to put together...
Your frustration amused me. But only because my own MPS was lost in an explosion and I was crafting the same thing.

A stream would love me, only because they could mock me in real time. I have 13 things that I want to do at once, and I'm not very good at any of them.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I would be horrible at streaming simply because I would get distracted and forget to do things. Also I do lp's so I can try and plan a little bit ahead although I still get distracted :D

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure I would look absolutely nuts, given that I tend to listen to great/terrible (depending on interpretation) 80's music and bounce around my house like flubber when I make anything more complicated than a crafting table.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I don't say anything out loud. But I have been recently reminded that I'm a big derp for wasting maybe twenty minutes getting a RC tank to work (first I forgot a corner, then I left a light inside after being sure there were none inside the first time).
Also I always forget to use Blink to get through walls and floors.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm distracted incredibly easily. Just yesterday, I made myself a shiny new ariel faith plate to get to my base. Then I spent 10 minutes tinkering with it, and another ten just happily bouncing up to my base, walking down, and repeating.

Most of my time is spent pacing, but not because I need to think of what to build, but because i'm pleased that what I've done is working at all.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I just dig a hole in the ground of cutting down an entire forest, and make everything really disorganized and put chests wherever I can
its more fun.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't look crazy to a stream. I would bore a stream. Several times during my life I have worked the graveyard shift. My computer is near where my wife sleeps. As a result I have gotten very used to playing with headphones on and not making any noises at all. Even during tense rounds in PvP games I'm utterly, completely silent. Well, almost. Looking over some of my streams I do talk to my ferrets from time to time. :D

That and the fact that I suffer from "I forgot that one last mat" syndrome. :)