"The air around you suddenly becomes suffused with strange energies."

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Unintended

Jul 29, 2019
Playing with Magic World, seen this pop up a few times. Nothing seems to have come of it yet, but it seems like the sort of event liable to burn down my aura and/or house. I'm guessing it's a TC3 thing, if only by the lack of googlehelp. Anyone know what's doing it or if it means I should run?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of the flux and aura effects are still undocumented. Mostly what I hear of are wisp spawning, spontaneously growing grass and flowers from high plant flux, inducing rain from water flux, lightning strikes, a variety of potion type effects (not always bad), and there's been one or two cases of people claiming giant angry zombies spawned.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of the flux and aura effects are still undocumented. Mostly what I hear of are wisp spawning, spontaneously growing grass and flowers from high plant flux, inducing rain from water flux, lightning strikes, a variety of potion type effects (not always bad), and there's been one or two cases of people claiming giant angry zombies spawned.

I saw.... a giant zombie. I'll be honest, I friggin flipped when I saw that dude, he was HUGE

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting slowed at my base for about 10 seconds a pop. I haven't even begun to mess with Thaumcraft though.

JellyHead

Jul 29, 2019
Happened with me a few times, and I became slow for 10 sec., but no Giant Zombie, only wisps. Watch out with them, almost died two time....

tliban

Jul 29, 2019
i didnt get any wisps no flux it makes me scared

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
One time while i was inside my house i heard an explosion (I assume it was a lightning strike), when I went outside I found part of my fence missing and my cows running around on fire.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
It's a TC3 flux event that occurs when there is high flux.

What happens is random, it is determined by the types of flux that are in the environment.

The really bad ones have a message like, "something something, spews forth something foul!"

The weirdest one I had was when it spawned a bunch of tall grass, flowers and autumn bushes around my base, I hadn't started breeding bees yet and just leveled the area so there was no grass.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Obviously, you spawned near a bad node. These can spawn naturally at the creation of a world. You don't seem to be getting very bad effects, so it must be small.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
or if your on a server you got a neighbor that is not being mindful of there aspect dumpage.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I got speed for 10 seconds when this happened to me, I spawned in a pair of goggles of revealing, and was not near a dark node.

I was using my aura repairing a Shovel of the Earthmover, and it was depleting quickly, but there was minimal flux and a decent amount of aura left.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sometimes it's worse.
I once lived in an area where two bad ones were nearby, one causing rain, the other causing wisps to spawn.
The area was quite dangerous and even more rainy than usual, a nightmare.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
The really bad ones have a message like, "something something, spews forth something foul!"
Yeah, it's "A nearby node spews forth something foul."
I live right by a dark node, so I've had that a few times (in addition to the one in the title of this thread).

and there's been one or two cases of people claiming giant angry zombies spawned.
Yep, had this once (as mentioned above, I live right by a dark node).
I have never had such a sense of sheer panic while playing Minecraft. Thankfully my nanosaber actually made very quick work of him. But wow, my heart was POUNDING...