VoxelMap - Do not want!

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019

Hence why I was complaining. This is a terrible idea, and this mod should not be a part of FTB. No disrespect meant to the Voxel team - VoxelFlight and Menu are great mods. But this has no place in FTB. It's too cheaty.

Reactions: Dravarden

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't experienced lag, but that just could be because it's a decent machine. Totally agreed with you, though. It sets a bad precedent.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
is it just me or does voxelmaps compass point labels happen to be 90 degrees off from what compass direction f3 reports?

map shows me facing north, f3 has f:1(west)

its a great system while building but otherwise seems to be doing the derp

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you can look at it this way, Rei's Minimap because a big problem and they needed a replacement fast. they have been using mods of voxels for a while with some packs now, and they didn't have too many problems with it, thus they decided to use the voxelmap aswell.
besides rei's minimap and voxelmap, there's also zan's minimap as an alternative, but afaik they don't have much experience with that.

so yes, voxelmap may not be that great, but they needed a replacement fast for rei's minimap. if the problem with rei's minimap gets fixed, they might switch back to it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
what problem is with rei's? besides that it shows IP (which it can be fixed) or the lag (which both have)

JWalty

Jul 29, 2019
If anybody wants me to make a Youtube video showing how to install Rei's Minimap again than I can.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
If anybody wants me to make a Youtube video showing how to install Rei's Minimap again than I can.

You might for anyone who doesn't know how to click buttons in applications. You may however wait until the new FTB launcher because I'm sure much of it will change.

JWalty

Jul 29, 2019
You might for anyone who doesn't know how to click buttons in applications. You may however wait until the new FTB launcher because I'm sure much of it will change.
Is there a suspected date for the new Launcher?

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
I hated VoxelMap so much that I booted up FTB went to Edit Mods disabled it, then downloaded and installed Rei's Minimap again.

I was wondering why rei's minimap suddenly disappeared. I changed it back immediately! I have experienced 'no' adverse problems with that minimap.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
I have to agree that I'm really not sure why Rei's was replaced with Voxel's. I understand there was a lag issue (though I've never experienced a single lag problem with Rei's) but why replace it specifically with Voxel's when it is reported to be just as laggy in addition to having all these other issues like the mob radar being turned on client-side with no way to disable it server-side?

Reactions: Dravarden

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I have to agree that I'm really not sure why Rei's was replaced with Voxel's. I understand there was a lag issue (though I've never experienced a single lag problem with Rei's) but why replace it specifically with Voxel's when it is reported to be just as laggy in addition to having all these other issues like the mob radar being turned on client-side with no way to disable it server-side?

because every pack is slowpoke's pack, he disables biomes, gregtech on hard, adds cheaty maps that you can't disable server side, suddenly flat bedrock and nether ores... all those things would be okay if the configs didn't revert every update and every mod got enabled again/mods you added were disabled

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
because every pack is slowpoke's pack, he disables biomes, gregtech on hard, adds cheaty maps that you can't disable server side, suddenly flat bedrock and nether ores... all those things would be okay if the configs didn't revert every update and every mod got enabled again/mods you added were disabled

MultiMC is your friend!