Windows .exe Improving FPS generally, with forestry specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarahanfyecrisci

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Mindcrack 8.2.0, Minecraft 1.4.7

Okay, I have a very cheap laptop. When I opened the box it was shipped in, a bit of dirt fell out because the CPU is a potato. I have already installed optifine, which gave a 40% FPS boost, though 140% of 10 is... 14... So there's room for improvement. On a fresh singleplayer world, standing still in a low lag biome, I pull about 40 fps. In multiplayer, in my work area, I'm getting an average of 14 (even trying to make it an FPS friendly area. Other areas I get as low as 3 fps)

Since my problem seems to be 100% CPU usage, the only solution is to make mindcrack significantly less taxing on the CPU. The only way to do that, it seems, is to go into the configs of the FPS eating mods and configure them to be as low taxing as possible.

Right now, the lag producing elements are 16 advanced solars, 4 industrial steam engines, a large steam boiler, three refineries, one centrifuge, one squeezer, liquiducts to connect them all, a small conduit network, and about 100 apiaries. So probably the biggest lag source is the animations given off by the bees. I've looked through the forestry config, but I can't seem to find anything which removes the particle effects from these.

Anyone have a solution to the bee problem, or suggestions on how to improve my FPS? (aside from replacing my potato CPU with something more hefty... Like a cabbage...)

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
In the forestry configs, common.conf has a section called Performance. Change performance.particleFX.enabled=true to false to remove the bee particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.