Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All: was the wolf-team already defined when we were picking so-called "top players"? Can I draw any conclusions from the_J voting vike/pyure? (Would a wolf be more or less likely to pick vike/pyure?)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yay, done with the_J for now.

I was initially a bit concerned with his lack of activity. The good news is that unlike SO37, the_J's (single?) game-related post profiles virgin-white.
to prosecution said:
Yeah, great, and you want to kill everyone. Fantastic.
In the history of all werewolf games ever, the_J has never taken this cynical anti-murder tone as a wolf. I have zero concerns declaring him extremely innocent. The_J is town.

Sadly I haven't heard back from Dragon yet. His profile is pretty boringly neutral but I need to cross-reference a few items with him. I have no recommendations with respect to his verdict at this time.

Slightly off-topic: I very much hope it was demonstrated last night that when I thought my clients looked sketchy, I didn't even attempt to muster some ridiculous defense for them regardless. I was of the opinion that their stories were pretty sketchy and I kept my word.

In the same vein, I hope the prosecution doesn't make a selfish effort to recommend a guilty verdict based on ephemeral shreds of non-evidence.

Reactions: Shazam08

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
All: was the wolf-team already defined when we were picking so-called "top players"? Can I draw any conclusions from the_J voting vike/pyure? (Would a wolf be more or less likely to pick vike/pyure?)
No.
And there's one medium, it says so on the rolesheet.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
aaaaaanyways, @dragon_fang101 anything to comment? You haven't uttered a peep since day 0, and as such have been entirely useless in this game thus far. So unless you actually respond, you're either a wolf and thus should die, or you're contributing nothing to the game, which is almost as bad as being a wolf.

And as for J, I'll agree on the defence here, he looks rather clean. I'll wait until 4 hours before day end to actually cast my vote though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
aaaaaanyways, @dragon_fang101 anything to comment? You haven't uttered a peep since day 0, and as such have been entirely useless in this game thus far. So unless you actually respond, you're either a wolf and thus should die, or you're contributing nothing to the game, which is almost as bad as being a wolf.

And as for J, I'll agree on the defence here, he looks rather clean. I'll wait until 4 hours before day end to actually cast my vote though.
I've pinged him a couple times. Of note, he's not simply lurking according to his activity. He's genuinely missing atm.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've pinged him a couple times. Of note, he's not simply lurking according to his activity. He's genuinely missing atm.
Perhaps his ban on pokecommunity got lifted so he's now over there instead of here. If that's the case it sorta fits. He only came here because he couldn't go there. Since he can go there now, he doesn't need to come here. He only signed up for werewolf because he assumed the ban would be longer than it was.

But of course that's all speculation. Though if we do lynch him and he's a wolf, then woopie. If we lynch him and he's a villager, then no big loss there. I'm not saying that as an insult to dragonfang, it's just that if someone doesn't contribute then they can't really be useful.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Perhaps his ban on pokecommunity got lifted so he's now over there instead of here. If that's the case it sorta fits. He only came here because he couldn't go there. Since he can go there now, he doesn't need to come here. He only signed up for werewolf because he assumed the ban would be longer than it was.

But of course that's all speculation. Though if we do lynch him and he's a wolf, then woopie. If we lynch him and he's a villager, then no big loss there. I'm not saying that as an insult to dragonfang, it's just that if someone doesn't contribute then they can't really be useful.
Ironically this gives me a wedge. A player is way less likely to give his 2 wolf-buddies the finger in the middle of the game than someone who is essentially a faceless number in the town.

Thanks goreae :p

Reactions: fowltief

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Ironically this gives me a wedge. A player is way less likely to give his 2 wolf-buddies the finger in the middle of the game than someone who is essentially a faceless number in the town.

Thanks goreae :p
That's actually a good point. He'd be a lot more inclined to stick around if he's given a wolf role. If he's just a vanillager, then he has much less incentive to stay.

And actually I should have extended my logic to if he isn't lynched. So if he's a villager and isn't lynched, worst case is he's wolf fodder. Best case he could give us a slight upper hand in the end game. If he's a wolf and isn't lynched, he isn't going to be killing anyone anyways and as such isn't even a threat. Though the con to that pro is later down the line when two wolves are dead and it's close to the end and we don't know who the last wolf is, he'd be written off as confirmed and forgotten. So if he is a wolf, then it's probably best to lynch now. If he's a villager, either way is just fine. So I still think if he doesn't respond we should just lynch him.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
So if he is a wolf, then it's probably best to lynch now. If he's a villager, either way is just fine. So I still think if he doesn't respond we should just lynch him.
For some reason, I don't like this.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So my current analysis is that nobody (atm) is jumping out as super wolfy. I'm sorry I've not been active too much, but I should be able to around a bit more now.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
We got 1 wolf last night and lost 2 villagers (one of whom was the medium). Not sure if that's a fair trade. Currently I believe J and Dragon to be equally wolfy. Considering Goreae or Victini and Nojr for trial, will be back later to vote regarding all these cases and provide explanations (subject to change).

Sent from my NS-P16AT08 using Tapatalk