[Infinity] Favourite tools/armour/gadgets/thingies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I watch a video, or see a picture, in the inventory I always see multiple gadgets and tools and whatnots scattered around, but everyone has a different combination. So I want to hear what you have in your inventory, because honestly I'm getting sick of making TiCo tools.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna say TiCo tools are all I have in my inventory, but I guess that's not what you want to hear. Way back when, before TiCo, I used to use IC2 electric drills and stuff like that, but nowadays I just stuck to TiCo because it's a lot easier and there's no BS with power supply and recharging and all that crap. Work on Forestry bees, make a Manyullyn Bee, and you'll never have to worry about tools again.

For armor, the Simply Jetpacks have been awesome for me in Infinity. The game totally changes for the better once you can fly around the world and go anywhere easily. I was able to build my Flux armor/jetpack very early in the game which made a huge difference in my enjoyment factor with this modpack.

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I could do more TiCo tools, so that's tools covered. Armour, transportation, special items that do special things? (Like ender pouches, wands, portable hole from Thaumcraft...)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what I'm doing. TiCo is fairly universal, which is a bonus. If I'm on botania, then there's a fairly major reason to go down that route, similarly, if I've got a decent RF setup, jetpacks and Arsenal tools abound.

As far as things that transcend that schema, I don't think that there are many, I like the Sojurner's sash, and some form of flight (don't think that I've once made an angel ring, but have received one as a reward a few times). To be honest, I'm not a massive fan of the Blood Magic stuff, if I'm not going down that line, it's a pain to keep up with, and, even if I am, the usability is usually lacking, compared to other options.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
On my server, it's either Simply Jetpacks, or else some have worked thru the Blood Magic mod to get the Bound Armor (I think that's what it's called?), and a few have slogged thru the IC2 tech tree to get to Nano Armor or Quantum Armor.

Simply Jetpacks is easy to get. Bound Armor seems difficult and IC2 takes forever to get to the point where you can make Quantum. I'm in late game now, but I'm still using my Flux-Infused Jetpack and Armor. That's my endorsement for it.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I really do have to branch out to Botania, sounds interesting enough.
It's interesting, and a fair few of the baubles and items do some unique things, the real challenge is getting a reasonable mana production system going. The early flowers are either hideously underpowered, or difficult to automate (with the exception of the thermalillies).

It's possible, but it is a bit of a pain, after the first few times.

Kalagorn

Jul 29, 2019
I've done a little bit, but not that far, really need to concentrate on actually playing long enough to get the good stuff this playthrough.;)

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
I frankly enjoy the TiCo armor for the most part early, however, i replace the boots with boots of the traveler from TC and Manasteel(currently) goggles of realing, and a simply jetpack fully upgraded. for the pants i have sometimes(for later on in my worlds) gone with the quantum leggings, though they are a pain to get, they are so cool and let me get around so fast!! though if you don't feel like doing that i typically will go with elementium legs

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i also like draconic stuff, and the staff of power from it is always the absolutely end game item.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Storage. I have an ender pouch as quickly as possible, and I've grown to enjoy the TE satchels. The ender pouch is instantly deathproof storage until better options arrive, then resorts to a delivery bag for my ME/Logistics Pipes system. The satchel are cheap, but small until upgraded. Enchanted with Soulbound and Storage IV (or whatever its called), the Resonant Satchel is a portable Diamond Chest that stays in inventory through death.

Tools, I usually opt TiCo, although that's mostly because I'm a creature of habit and I have them from early game already. If it weren't for my Lumber Axe, I would never have enough wood to do anything (before automation). I almost always carry a bow until I get decently into TC for a Silverwood Staff with at least a Lightning Focus. I prefer the Yeta Wrench, due to its scroll wheel abilities. Depending on the pack, I have an army of mining turtles controlled by a.wireless pocket computer. I love a hang glider until I have creative flight, and I keep one with my emergency gear always.

Armor, I'm wearing EIO Dark Steel (enchanted up the wazoo) set still, although I'm entering into both Blood Magic and Thaumcraft currently, so my Sanguine Armor is seeing some wear. I've not delved I to either mod too deeply, but I intend to see what both offer for options and compare. A friend wears Wyvern Armor and loves it, so I may play with that at some point as well, but it will wait.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, which reminds me that I MUST have a Bibliocraft Clipboard on me at all times. Without an agenda, I wander aimlessly about, tinkering with this and that for hours without accomplishing anything productive. Sometimes this isn't bad, I suppose.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who got sick of Tinkers a while back, I have a few suggestions.

Ender IO's dark steel pick is quite a nice pick that can run from early game to near lategame. The mining boost on obsidian is nice, and it can be upgraded to function as a shovel too.

Another personal favourite from past experience is the Pickaxe of the Core from Thaumcraft. The right click scan makes mining a bit more interesting, and the chance to automagically double ores is nice too.

Thaumcraft is also good for weapon alternatives - the foci make for interesting combat, especially with the branching upgrade system.

Blood Magic has a lot of options too, once you make it through the early game. Potion flasks are my favourite replacement for vanilla potions, and the complex spell system seems to be very versatile (if you can wrap your head around it).

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic Staff of Power.
That's about it.

That^^^

/thread

Seriously, it's the best tool in the game and there's absolutely nothing anyone can say to refute that. Turn the mining speed down to 0.2 so you don't instabreak your whole base and it's great.

imPlayin

Jul 29, 2019
The pouch is from Thaumic Tinkerers KAMI section and made of ichorcloth

Anyway, my setup:

Armor: Awakened Ichorcloth (you jump so high it's actually very annoying), before that I had Flux-Infused Armor

Tools: I just made an Imbued Tool from Practicalities, before that I used RotaryCraft's Bedrock Pickaxe + a TiCo Longsword and before that I used only TiCo Tools

Flight: Advanced Genetics (pretty overpowered)

Other Items: Ichor wand, inside my ender chest which I can access through the Ender Rift focus I have some Blood Magic Sigils for Water, Lava, etc. and another bag with several TiCo AOE tools, RotaryCraft bedrock tools and other stuff inside.