TerraFirmaCraft Mod Pack?

Do you think the FTB developers should reconsider A TFC Immersion Pack?

• Yes

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • not yet (if so why?)

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware that this was apparently going to be in development a while back, but it seems as if that the whole idea was scrapped, however I still believe that the TFC mod should be given its own Immersion pack, as well as a User friendly way to obtain the mod, however, even though I am aware its a simple 3 step way to install this mod today, in the past it hasn't been so forgiving and as well as some users may not know how to install mods in general. I was looking forward to the FTB release of an TFC pack and unfortunately, that wasn't the case in the end, so the main purpose of this Thread is an attempt to try and get the FTB developers to reconsider making an TFC pack, even with its lack of compatibility with other well known mods.
Please respond if you agree, disagree, or even if you have anything that'd may seem appropriate. C

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
I heard the HappyDiggers people are working on a modpack based on TFC, and it may get onto FTB? Anyway, there is at least a modpack that'll be based around it. Dontcha worry.

Reactions: PuppetMuncher

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I know the Technic launcher has a TFC modpack, but FTB having one would be nice. I watched Direwolf's mod spotlight and it seemed intresting enough. I would love a TFC.

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
I heard the HappyDiggers people are working on a modpack based on TFC, and it may get onto FTB? Anyway, there is at least a modpack that'll be based around it. Dontcha worry.
Thanks for letting me know, would it be too much of a pain for a link or something to access any hard information on this? Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1389121707][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know the Technic launcher has a TFC modpack, but FTB having one would be nice. I watched Direwolf's mod spotlight and it seemed intresting enough. I would love a TFC.
Yeah, I caught the mod a fair bit before that and the problem is that the up to date version of the mod has changed a large amount since then. Still cool spotlight though.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for letting me know, would it be too much of a pain for a link or something to access any hard information on this?

Other than a PM from InsaneJ, the leader of HappyDiggers, telling me he was working on a TFC-based pack, not really.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I personally see no reason to have a TFC modpack. It's a single mod using a single set of configs so there should be no id conflicts, and setting up mods in minecraft is as simple as clicking an installer, selecting a version, then go. Slap the TFC zip in the mods folder along with whatever extra client stuff you want. Why do you need a modpack for that?

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I personally see no reason to have a TFC modpack. It's a single mod using a single set of configs so there should be no id conflicts, and setting up mods in minecraft is as simple as clicking an installer, selecting a version, then go. Slap the TFC zip in the mods folder along with whatever extra client stuff you want. Why do you need a modpack for that?
*cough* divineRPG Modpack *cough*

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
So you can have rei's minimap and NEI and Damage indicators. Come on dude, you need see someone :p

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
I understand where you are coming from completely, but some people may only want the TFC mod alone where others may want other things like smart moving and minimaps, point is even though to us it is simple enough to install for us, are those who don't the technical on how to, plus in the past the had mod had to be installed in separate cores and such.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
*cough* divineRPG Modpack *cough*
I try and pretend that doesn't exist.
I understand where you are coming from completely, but some people may only want the TFC mod alone where others may want other things like smart moving and minimaps, point is even though to us it is simple enough to install for us, are those who don't the technical on how to, plus in the past the had mod had to be installed in separate cores and such.
The thing is, there is no technical "know how" with mods anymore. If you can run a launcher, you can install mods by yourself. You literally drag-and-drop files into a mods folder and use drop-down menus.
So you can have rei's minimap and NEI and Damage indicators. Come on dude, you need see someone :p
Well yes, but I don't need someone to spoon feed my applesauce >.>

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019

The thing is, there is no technical "know how" with mods anymore. If you can run a launcher, you can install mods by yourself. You literally drag-and-drop files into a mods folder and use drop-down menus.poinis t

The thing is, there is no technical "know how" with mods anymore. If you can run a launcher, you can install mods by yourself. You literally drag-and-drop files into a mods folder and use drop-down menus.

The point is though that there isn't a modpack with TFC as a base mod which people can customise, which means they cant add TFC to a pack as it's a base mod, if they had that with easy access to adding, removing and changing mods, then I could understand your argument here.[DOUBLEPOST=1389140163][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use a better expression. I don't like applesauce.
And how don't you like applesauce!?! ;)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
The point is though that there isn't a modpack with TFC as a base mod which people can customise, which means they cant add TFC to a pack as it's a base mod, if they had that with easy access to adding, removing and changing mods, then I could understand your argument here.
If TFC isn't the base mod, then you shouldn't be adding TFC. It completely changes the game and all the items in it. There's not even vanilla cobblestone.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, so why did you say that people could just add mods?
Because you could just disable all the mods in a pack (except NEI and such, if wanted) and add TFC. If you don't want to do that then just use the ATLauncher or heck even the VANILLA launcher.

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
Because you could just disable all the mods in a pack (except NEI and such, if wanted) and add TFC. If you don't want to do that then just use the ATLauncher or heck even the VANILLA launcher.
amfully aware of how to setup this kind of thing, the purpose of this post is purely out of convenience and giving the mod a bit recognition, simple enough, so please calm down :)

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, so why did you say that people could just add mods?
Sorry for not clarifying, but I meant things like NEI, Mapwriter, Inventory Tweaks, and Damage indicators. You wouldn't have a mod pack with just client side only mods. It would be serving a bunch of spices as a meal.

amfully aware of how to setup this kind of thing, the purpose of this post is purely out of convenience and giving the mod a bit recognition, simple enough, so please calm down :)
It's plenty convenient already. The people who would use TFC are probably already using it and don't need a modpack. There's no reason to add on for everyone else to ignore like DivineRPG.

PuppetMuncher

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not clarifying, but I meant things like NEI, Mapwriter, Inventory Tweaks, and Damage indicators. You wouldn't have a mod pack with just client side only mods. It would be serving a bunch of spices as a meal.

It's plenty convenient already. The people who would use TFC are probably already using it and don't need a modpack. There's no reason to add on for everyone else to ignore like DivineRPG.
I understand what you mean but just because not as many people play the mod as lets say the DW20 pack, doesn't mean it is going to be ignored, some people may not play it regularly, but may wish to see what it is about before judging it.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Theoretically with Minetweaker and Custom Stuff 2 one could configure Terrafirmacraft to have compatibility with Gregtech and other tech mods. That would make for quite an interesting game.