TE Pipes

hannesmc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

Ive seen some discussions about TE Pipes in 1.7 and that there arent/wont be any.
So my question is if they will be implented later or if they are gone forever *which i would be really upset about* :D.

Ps:This is sent from my mobile and my englisch also isnt the best so dont be to rude with my spelling and stuff ;)

-hannesmc

hannesmc

Jul 29, 2019

(My main problem is that im to lazy to learn EIO, which would be 30 minutes max. :D )

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

(My main problem is that im to lazy to learn EIO, which would be 30 minutes max. :D )
then learn mekanizm's cables, they are far less superior to EIO but they are braindead simple to make.

Also expect the new "TE" pipes to be more complicated when implemented. You may still have to do that 30 mins of learning.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013

I was also reluctant to use Ender IO 1.7.10, since I actually had an issue with the look of the pipes before. Not only has that been improved, but their functionality is really good.

You get 24 item conduits for 1 ender pearl (+ some other stuff), and while still more expensive than opaque 1.6.4 TE ducts, item transportation is instant. This makes it easy to create extremely robust setups, since there basically are no items "in transit" at any time.

The only downside I've seen is with the power conduits, their throughput doesn't seem to be unlimited like TE redstone conduits.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I was also reluctant to use Ender IO 1.7.10, since I actually had an issue with the look of the pipes before. Not only has that been improved, but their functionality is really good.

You get 24 item conduits for 1 ender pearl (+ some other stuff), and while still more expensive than opaque 1.6.4 TE ducts, item transportation is instant. This makes it easy to create extremely robust setups, since there basically are no items "in transit" at any time.

The only downside I've seen is with the power conduits, their throughput doesn't seem to be unlimited like TE redstone conduits.
But how often do you need to run more than 20000RF down a single conduit? That's the sort of thing you can use tesseracts for, as it'll only be the edge cases

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
But how often do you need to run more than 20000RF down a single conduit? That's the sort of thing you can use tesseracts for, as it'll only be the edge cases
Not very often, in my case at least. I noticed it when I tried to power some machines from the same conduit that was powering an MFR laser drill. That would have worked with redstone conduits. No big deal though and easy to get around.

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Tema got hired by CoFH to help them with the new Thermal Dynamics mod, which will contain the pipes and conduits.
It's pretty WIP at the moment, however Tema has said (correct me if wrong) that it will be easy to port them, as the code won't need changing. However there's gonna be changes. Obviously.

Reactions: asb3pe

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Tema got hired by CoFH to help them with the new Thermal Dynamics mod, which will contain the pipes and conduits.
It's pretty WIP at the moment, however Tema has said (correct me if wrong) that it will be easy to port them, as the code won't need changing. However there's gonna be changes. Obviously.
I reckon Tema was a good choice to bring on board. He already has his own pipe system that appears to be totally lag free, deals with filters, FMP compatible and never overflows/backstuffs (just gets "stuck").

Time will tell if it's a marriage made in heaven, or hell...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
(scene from Poltergeist): "They're here..."

:D

Still trying to decipher what's shown in the twitter images... from left, 3 tiers of energy conduit just like before, then an orange (fluid) and two blue conduits (one is item, other is ??)
And what is third image showing us? Diagnostic mode?

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2kwl1r/rwtema_has_a_halloween_gift/
http://twitter.com/extra_utilities/status/528244250014937088
Twitter images in Spoiler
Gp53X4D.png

7gGIUfP.png

WP8SunC.png

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I hope these work just like Extra utilities pipes with a big visual upgrade and TE flavored recipes. Really, the only thing I dont like about EU pipes is how they look, the filtering mechanic is brilliant.

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
I hope these work just like Extra utilities pipes with a big visual upgrade and TE flavored recipes. Really, the only thing I dont like about EU pipes is how they look, the filtering mechanic is brilliant.
The reasoning behind the design is just so they aren't laggy as with most other blocks from ExU

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Ender io might be worth it to learn tho. The fact you can fit 4 conduits in 1 block blew me away. Power, items water and redstone all just under the 1 block under my vats. Incredibly convenient imo.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ender io might be worth it to learn tho. The fact you can fit 4 conduits in 1 block blew me away. Power, items water and redstone all just under the 1 block under my vats. Incredibly convenient imo.

Don't forget you can also move liquid, energy and items down 1 transfer pipe in Extra Utils too.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Don't forget you can also move liquid, energy and items down 1 transfer pipe in Extra Utils too.
Actually I did not know that thank you. Wwhen I looked for my te replacement I tried them all and ender io was the first that felt right to me. I will check out extra utilites pipes.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
(scene from Poltergeist): "They're here..."

:D

Still trying to decipher what's shown in the twitter images... from left, 3 tiers of energy conduit just like before, then an orange (fluid) and two blue conduits (one is item, other is ??)
And what is third image showing us? Diagnostic mode?

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2kwl1r/rwtema_has_a_halloween_gift/
http://twitter.com/extra_utilities/status/528244250014937088
Twitter images in Spoiler
Gp53X4D.png

7gGIUfP.png

WP8SunC.png
Same conduits basically. From left to right from what I can tell:

Leadstone Energy Conduit
Hardened Energy Conduit
Redstone Energy Conduit
Fluiduct
Opaque Fluiduct
Itemduct
Opaque Itemduct
Impulse Itemduct
Opaque Impulse Itemduct

And the 3rd image looks like the ducts have smart logic now where they will pick the shortest route. Helps fluids just filling up all the pipes and only filling the pipes in the path to the destination.