[Solved] Adding Witchery to Direwolf20 pack

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013
I'm using DW20 pack on the server and I add Witchery to it. DW20 has Witchery config compatible with Witchery 0.11.3, but does not update config to what is currently in Universal Configs (0.13.1).

The issue is Witchery adds some new IDs in newer versions. I'm trying to keep it simple for client - "just drop jars for these mods there", so I don't want to distribute custom configs.

2 questions:
1) If I add Witchery 0.13.1 to the pack, it generates the same IDs as in Universal Config. Is it safe for the future? Meaning if DW20 updates some other mods, is there some guarantee he won't take up Witchery's IDs if those are already occupied in Universal Configs?
2) Could DW20 bump Witchery config in DW20 pack for the next pack version? So that I don't have to speculate about question 1.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a little difficulty understanding you but I think I got it.
1)If witchery generates the same config as what is in the universal set then it should work with future versions of any modpack, That's the way things are designed as far as I understand it, in fact the config set from DW20 stuff should have had the universal version in it, so it was probably just an oversight on someones part (c'est la vie).
And that might have answered your number 2. Although I am not sure who maintains that kind of stuff for Dire or in general other than @Eyamaz and @Jadedcat .
Looking at it a bit more, the latest version of witchery(.14) is in horizons but the universal configs still have .13.1 in them. oh well.

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013
You got it right. I wonder who maintains DW20 for these purposes, so he can confirm this.

Vindex

Sep 22, 2013
No, Eyamaz maintains the ID's for all the packs, I maintain the configs for DW20, MF,Tech2 and Lite 2.
Jaded, may I rely on Universal configs being a guideline for IDs and add Witchery as described in 1st post? Note, this is for server, so I need clients to be just that easy - drop Witchery ZIP into mods folder.
Thank you very much.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, may I rely on Universal configs being a guideline for IDs and add Witchery as described in 1st post? Note, this is for server, so I need clients to be just that easy - drop Witchery ZIP into mods folder.
Thank you very much.

I will try to remember to update the configs on DW20 next week for the next update.