Redstone signal smoother

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I built a "noise reduction" circuit last night to regulate the flow of zombies from a spawner. It splits the signal into four wires which all go to an AND gate: one goes directly to it, one goes through a single repeater, one goes through two repeaters, and one goes through three repeaters, all set to 4 ticks.

What this achieves in a crude fashion is to turn off the spawner only when the pressure plate has been switched on for 12 ticks. So, the zombies keep falling until enough are landing in the kill area that my Melee Turtle can't keep up, and then it turns off. It isn't perfect as a series of 4 intermittent pulses will turn it on, but it's good enough for my purposes.

Is there a better, more compact way of building a noise reduction circuit like this? What I want is for a redstone signal to start a timer, and if the signal is kept on for the timer's duration, then a signal is output. As soon as the input signal drops, I want the output to drop and reset the timer.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I made a circuit similar to this for an old CASUC reactor a long time ago. Basically buckets of water would pass through an item detector and send a signal to reset a timer. If the timer was allowed to complete a rotation then the reactor shut off.

I'm pretty sure it's nearly as simple as you just described it. Hook the pressure plate's wire up to a NOT gate and then to the back of the timer and have the timer output to your spawner control circuit. Every time a timer receives a signal from the back or sides it starts over, so it should mean that as long as monsters are on the pressure plate for the specified duration, it'll stop.