Making a Induction smelter work,

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PrinnyCastGrover

Jul 29, 2019
I need help understand how to get this working. right now it has power from a stirling engine, sitting at 4800 / 4800 MJ but will not work. I see some redstone and configuration stuff on the right side? How the hell do I get this thing work?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming you don't have sand in the left-most slot. It requires sand as a catalyst, one per ore or one per two dust. It is NOT needed if you're smelting obsidian and lead dust together for reinforced glass.

PrinnyCastGrover

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. got sand in the left slot. Lemme get you a picture of what's going on.

Here's the layout. It's simple and does the job as far as I know.
set-up.png

Here's the smelter itself. This has me utterly boggled.
wtf.png

I'm at a loss of why it isn't starting up. :(

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
What ore is that, cinnabar? Looks like it as I think I see Quicksilver in your hotbar, which makes this more likely. Cinnabar (I hope i'm getting the name right) is probably not an ore Thermal Expansion has been designed to recognize (yet), especially considering Thaumcraft 3 is a very new mod at this time. And considering no other mod I know of uses Cinnabar so far.

If that's not the problem, check the redstone tab and see what it's set to. If it turns off from having a "high" signal, check if there are any levers on a block next to it. (I seem to see an IC2 machine.) If it's set to a "low" signal, then the lack of lever is a problem. It's probably best to just set the redstone control to off.

On a different note, your power looks a little funky. Is that a Wooden Conductive Pipe on your smelter and Gold Conductive Pipe on your engine? I'm not really sure HOW it has power when the wooden pipe isn't on the engine to pull the power out of it in the first place.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, the texture pack is confusing me a bit. That white circle thing looked like Thaumcraft 3's Quicksilver. I made an edit to my previous post. The problem may be a lever on an adjacent block.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
the problem from what i can see is that you have reveresed the ore and the sand the sand go in the right slot and the ore in the left slot

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's not the problem. The sand and ore can go into either slot. I just tested this to make absolute certain. (Not to mention I've always used it with the sand on the left...)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe remove the wooden pipe that is against the machine, it could be confusing things and is also completely unnecessary with TE they will auto output in any case and you do not need a wooden pipe on the machine end of the power input. Also how do you have it configured in the green tab from the look of it you have all the "ports" disabled, on the power input side try with any color, another thing possibly try toggling the redstone behaviour I have had to update that to get them to run before.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Try a different type of copper from another mod, it might not recognize that type.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
To check whether it's compatible, hover over the ore and press u. This will bring up the uses of it, page through until you see the induction smelter. If you don't see it, the smelter doesn't support it.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Also make sure you induction smelter isn't getting a redstone signal from anywhere, if it is try disabling the redstone controll in the side menu.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the problem either as one of the screenshots show power in the machine. I'm not sure how he got power in the machine that way, but that doesn't explain why it isn't smelting.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nearby lever or any adjacent source of redstone power, you can use the redstone stuff on the side to mess with how it reacts to redstone.

Or it could be that you don't use Wooden Pipes to power stuff, only to draw power from engines.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
No, the Ore Dictionaries pretty much make sure that isn't a problem.

Unfortunately it is a problem in a number of cases. Try macerating lead for example. The ore dictionary has helped a lot, but it's still far from a perfect world:(

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately it is a problem in a number of cases. Try macerating lead for example. The ore dictionary has helped a lot, but it's still far from a perfect world:(

Well, I don't think all ores are supported, but at least all oreCoppers are smelteable in the Induction Furnace.

evets

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. You are overthinking this, the problem is really simple: The induction smelter takes TWO ore at a time. It won't process one ore by itself.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Another wrong answer. The Induction Furnace smelts one ore at a time and outputs two ingots from it, the same yield as a Macerator + Furnace. It's the dust that it has to smelt two at a time.