Importing to ME

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

doxastic

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so how to import items coming from the quarry into the me storage drives using tesseracts? I hooked up the tesseract. I tested it with a chest. But now it won't go into the ME storage. I've tried hooking up the tesseract with me cables and pipes. It just flies out of the pipe when it is attached to the me terminal. Thank you.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Have the tesseract output into a chest THEN using an import bus on the chest. Me cables do not connect to tesseracts.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Have the tesseract output into a chest THEN using an import bus on the chest. Me cables do not connect to tesseracts.

Exactly right; for ease of use connect simple pipe to an ender chest at your quarry, then connect an ME import bus to the ender chest. Profit.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to put the output of the tesseract right into a ME interface. That is how I have always done it. Using a chest as a buffer was problematic for me and after an enderchest caused a chunk reset, I stopped using them. You just have to make sure you tesseract has the proper settings. If you are using the quarry plus quarry and it is enchanted, you may want to put 2 ME interfaces on the tesseract since stuff will be coming so fast.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
It's most efficient to use an ME interface directly on the tesseract. Otherwise the freq of the import bus pulling in items may not keep up with the input from the quarry (depending on speed). The ME interface will act like a transport pipe and convert it strait into the ME storage.

Also if you need to get your ME stuff to your machines for autocrafting the reverse works as well. Just have the formula for the item in the ME interace and connect that directly to a tesseract that takes it to the necessary machine and route as necessary. Great for late game and keeps the overall size of the networks smaller and more manageable by the server in my experience.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely
image.jpg

But as a question, what all can interfaces do? I honestly never did much with them, only using for furnace automation, what are some of the lesser-known abilities of the fantastic block?

Reactions: Narc

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But as a question, what all can interfaces do? I honestly never did much with them, only using for furnace automation, what are some of the lesser-known abilities of the fantastic block?

Not sure these count as "lesser-known abilities", but these are a few of the places where I use Interfaces outside machine automation:

Interface Itemducts with the ME network:
WPfO9nN.png

Here I am inserting bee products and drones into my therefore designed subnetwork.

Transfering items from one ME network to another:
j2guSbP.png

Stocking items used by other mods/automations/whatever:
nSpOi6Y.png

uReAGKz.png

Other one is for fuel, third one for unloading flowers(could do with 2, but programmed it this way so script could run with just chests).

More transferring items from one network to another:
ShvZjSK.png

This time controlled by item levels.

Automatically keeping items in stock:
GUu1vuA.png

ME precise export bus set to "Craft only" controlled by Level emitters, ensuring certain items are always kept in stock in the network(for example making sure to craft ME interfaces so there are always 10 in the network should I need some :p).

Forestry Multifarm exporting its items directly into the ME network through Interface:
SjC02RZ.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. The ME interface is a much underused block. I have one set up for my soul sand production. I have an interface stocked with sand going to my witch water barrels. Item ducts pull out of the interface, activated by level emitter. I have a chest underneath (connected with an always on item duct feeding into the same production system) and a recipe in the interface so I can also craft on demand.

There are all kinds of useful ways these blocks can be used.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure these count as "lesser-known abilities", but these are a few of the places where I use Interfaces outside machine automation:

Interface Itemducts with the ME network:
WPfO9nN.png

Here I am inserting bee products and drones into my therefore designed subnetwork.

Transfering items from one ME network to another:
j2guSbP.png

Stocking items used by other mods/automations/whatever:
nSpOi6Y.png

uReAGKz.png

Other one is for fuel, third one for unloading flowers(could do with 2, but programmed it this way so script could run with just chests).

More transferring items from one network to another:
ShvZjSK.png

This time controlled by item levels.

Automatically keeping items in stock:
GUu1vuA.png

ME precise export bus set to "Craft only" controlled by Level emitters, ensuring certain items are always kept in stock in the network(for example making sure to craft ME interfaces so there are always 10 in the network should I need some :p).

Forestry Multifarm exporting its items directly into the ME network through Interface:
SjC02RZ.png
I...what...
I now need to experiment with ae.

Reactions: rhn

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Yep, the ME Interface is a very powerful block, and where you can use it, it's way faster than any of the buses. I'm using it to import items into the system wherever feasible.

I'm wondering though: you who attach ME interfaces to tesseracts, how do you deal with possible overflow problems? I have two subnetworks with only formatted storage, but parts of your network must remain open in order to be able to take new items in, for instance when new stuff comes in or when you clear out your inventory. How you do prevent overflow from spilling into your main system, when everything goes into the network without a trashcan fork put in-between?

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
@Ieldra In my case, I always have the most common stuff ((cobble)stone, dirt, gravel, sand, anything else super-common) being stored in deep storage units, and the rest of the stuff comes in slowly enough that just making sure I always have at least half of an ME drive with 1k storage disks seems to be quite sufficient. I've had bigger troubles with mob farms, wherein I often have to set all the armors and bows to auto-export to trash cans, but those are rare enough that the only real irritant is having to make several export buses to fit them all.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Ieldra In my case, I always have the most common stuff ((cobble)stone, dirt, gravel, sand, anything else super-common) being stored in deep storage units, and the rest of the stuff comes in slowly enough that just making sure I always have at least half of an ME drive with 1k storage disks seems to be quite sufficient. I've had bigger troubles with mob farms, wherein I often have to set all the armors and bows to auto-export to trash cans, but those are rare enough that the only real irritant is having to make several export buses to fit them all.
Yes, I also use the Deep Storage for stone etc... The problem area is farming. I've had several instances of wood and cane overflow clogging up my main network before I changed things, set up a subnet for produce, put an LP system in-between to route farming products there instead of the main network and used Terminus modules to route the overflow into a trashcan. I guess I could always upgrade my storage, but what I do need more than 32k wood or cane for? With regard to armors and weapons, I sort that out at the source. Grinder output goes into a buffer chest, and I use EnderIO conduits to extract the armors and weapons and route them into a trashcan before they ever enter the net. The only things that go into the ME network "uncensored" are fluids, since all my fluid storage is formatted.

Logistics like that could not be implemented with the attractively simple method of putting down an ME interface next to a tesseract. That's why I asked.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, farming. What I do with that is set a level emitter to automatically shut off the harvester whenever I'm over some-largish-number of whatever the farm is producing. Honestly, when am I going to need to have more than five stacks of raw rubber at the same time?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh, farming. What I do with that is set a level emitter to automatically shut off the harvester whenever I'm over some-largish-number of whatever the farm is producing. Honestly, when am I going to need to have more than five stacks of raw rubber at the same time?
Ah, I see. Can't do that since each of my MFR farms produces three different things, and that won't work for the golem farms (Ender Pearls, Canola seeds) at all. Well, gain one convenience, lose another.