Mac Buildcraft / Industrialcraft (lava) pumps not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isalicus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys & gals,
So this may simply be due to my noobishness, but please help me out. I'm trying to set up my geothermal generator and I have a massive lava lake at diamond level below my (surface) house. However, I don't seem to be able to get any kind of pump to pump it up to me. I've tried both the buildcraft and the industrialcraft pumps, I've tried setting up a buildcraft mining well, taking it down and upgrading it to a pump, but the buildcraft pump simply seems to do nothing at all even though I've tried powering it with everything from a redstone engine to an electrical engine. What am I doing wrong? In desperation I just went down and put a Industrialcraft pump right above the lave lake, and I found that it would only produce one lava cell, after which it would fill up, but not produce another. What am I doing wrong? Any good and up-to-date tutorials you can point me to?
Cheers!

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Well you may not be powering it enough, on only one redstone engine it can take a little to gain lava :)

Is there a pipe-ish thing coming out of its bottom and going into the lava?
Usually people use 4 redstone engines i've seen

this one made a video about mining well & pump, he also has videos about other blocks :)

hope that helped~

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
I dont think filled cells stack... so that is your lava cell problem....

As for Pump i usually use 2 or 3 redstone engines on a pump and dont have any problem getting liquid into the pipes. Are your pipes connected to your pump ? and if not, are they waterproof ?

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
filled cells stack :)

and as far as i'm aware the IC pump only pumps liquids that are right below it (as in the block right below it)
Or if attachted to a miner it will pump liquid that gets in the way of the miner

Isalicus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks everyone!I don't have a screenshot, but I can describe what I've tried (and torn down).

First I built a buildcraft pump and powered it with two, later three redstone engines (turned on and everything with the usual levers). I figured that would be enough and indeed I figured it would take a while for it to even reach let alone pump up the lava. However, I went and checked to see if it had started to drill its pipe, so I dug a little hole next to the pump and I saw it hadn't started drilling at all. After letting it run for a while I decided to build a mining well in the same spot, I fired it up, put a chest on top to catch whatever it dug up and, hey presto, it did drill a hole down to the lava and had a nice pipe, so I took down the well and replaced it with the pump, leaving the piping intact. Nothing. I put the geothermal generator right next to the pump to catch the lava. Still nothing. I tried connecting it with waterproof wooden piping, waterproof cobblestone piping and a combination thereof (I believe wooden piping is for connecting pipes to machines and cobblestone piping is your standard transportation pipe), I tried putting reservoirs on top of the pump, I tried putting reservoirs at a short distance from the pump and connecting it with various sort of piping. All nothing.. Perhaps I need to power the piping in some way?

With the Industrialcraft pump, I placed a chest on top of it to catch the lava cells, but the result was the same: it pretty much gave up producing the cells after making just one. I fired the thing with RE-batteries, but I don't think that should be the problem since the batteries were still more than half full after producing one cell, the pump then filled its reservoir again and there were about 5 empty cells in the slot, but it still wouldn't produce another lava cell beyond the one it had already spit out into the chest. So, I'm not sure what's going on here.

Pinkishu

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm I think you're mixing up some stuff :p
Buildcraft Pumps are made from Mining Wells they lower a piping thingy but that shouldn't stay if you break the pump

BC Pumps automatically lower a pipiing thingy if they find liquid below em i think

Myt

Jul 29, 2019
say it easy way: bc pumps can be powered by engines, ic2 by eu
get ic2 pump 4 redstone to it be sure between pump and source isnt any block .. (pump dont mine blocks, only pump) be sure u have a pipe to ur geos or storage or whatever u like and start it ...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/177679_543589045657881_878086020_o.jpg
should looks like that something but change water whit lava :D .. (and yes i know 1 electric is enough :D but hey who cares in hell)

Status
Not open for further replies.