Beekeeping Guide. Yay or nay?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beekeeping guide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I am planning on making a beekeeper guide here, with a list of all the bees, how to get them, their products, frames, ect. ect. Would you guys like this?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
There are certainly people who would like it, and if you put a big SPOILERS warning on top, people who wouldn't would certainly have the sense to skip it.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighty, remember everyone to vote in the poll. I guess I'll have to clearly label what is extra bees only.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
There are certainly people who would like it, and if you put a big SPOILERS warning on top, people who wouldn't would certainly have the sense to skip it.

I would agree with the spoiler thing. I like the fun of exploring the details of things like Bees on my own. But do dip into threads about them when I'm looking for basic info a complete X + Y = Z for the whole family of bees would be a huge deal breaker for me.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
You mean like this?

[SPOILERS]

Edit: Probably bigger. I'm on iPhone so I don't get advanced poster.

Florastar

Jul 29, 2019
You can also do "this thread contains spoilers at the top"
and, you can also use "
Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
" for each line of trees. Like....

Common Line
BLAH BLAH BLAH

It'll make the thread look nice as well.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You mean like this?

[SPOILERS]

Edit: Probably bigger. I'm on iPhone so I don't get advanced poster.

Na thats good. But I think he means in the threads title. Heck just to be safe might want to put it in the first post to. That way no one can say they did not see it. Ok people will still say that but they would be derps.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
You can also do "this thread contains spoilers at the top"
and, you can also use "
Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
" for each line of trees. Like....

Common Line
BLAH BLAH BLAH

It'll make the thread look nice as well.

Oh my god florastar responded to my thread. My life is complete. Anyway, thanks flora, keep on derping in forestry beta, I love it.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. It will basically be.

All the lines of bees, with details on how to get them and what combs they make.

Then all the extra bees, how toget them, and what materials they make.

Then I'll list all combs and products, an with that, which bees make them, and what you can use them for.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
if thaumic bees are added, then will you do a guide for them too?
Oh yeah. Hell, I'll do all the bee mods. Hell, I'LL MAKE ONES AND DOCUMENT THEM.

On a serious note, of anyone sees any bee addition mods, PM me.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I would suggest breaking it down into sections.

One section shows what type of bee produces what product, so if someone just wants to know what type of bee they should be looking/breeding for, they can find out easily, without being spoilt on how to actually get that bee.
The other section to show how you breed those particular types of bees, and an intro to this section giving the mechanics of bee breeding, with bee specific breeding contained within a sub-spoiler.

Thus you cater for everyone, those that just need a quick hint, to those that need a full guide.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
If I can ask something, it would be:
Please, don't make some lame guide as most that are on forums.

What I mean is that if you want a great guide, it has to be at least to the level of the old guide that was at hexflower.com/ (no longer online though).

I know it demands work, but I don't see the use of just yet an otehr copy of the lame guides we find on MC forum or IC2.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest breaking it down into sections.

One section shows what type of bee produces what product, so if someone just wants to know what type of bee they should be looking/breeding for, they can find out easily, without being spoilt on how to actually get that bee.
The other section to show how you breed those particular types of bees, and an intro to this section giving the mechanics of bee breeding, with bee specific breeding contained within a sub-spoiler.

Thus you cater for everyone, those that just need a quick hint, to those that need a full guide.
I already mentioned, there will be a bee products section, which lists what bees make them.

Also, whoever voted no, you could at least have the guts to say why not.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a suggestion:

It would be cool if instead of a guide you made a wiki perhaps? Wikis can be edited by whoever you choose, and they have searching capabilities, linking, etc.

A guide is a document that explain hows to do things, but your actually giving info about the bees and their products, thats more the field of a wiki of some sort.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, just a suggestion:

It would be cool if instead of a guide you made a wiki perhaps? Wikis can be edited by whoever you choose, and they have searching capabilities, linking, etc.

A guide is a document that explain hows to do things, but your actually giving info about the bees and their products, thats more the field of a wiki of some sort.

Hmm, I might just make a wiki instead, and might gather up a few people to help make it. Also ICountFrom0, I'll inform you when it's complete.