Universal Electricity...

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm wondering why you guys got rid of that. It doesn't appear in the Ultimate pack.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
The only FTB pack it is used in is Ampz. For now. It's maintained by UE team, and quite outdated.
UE currently has some bugs, and the main issue UE has - bad documentation. Wiki is outdated and UE forums are quite dead.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
As you, myself and dave know, the UE forums have like 2000 members
However, due to not having revived confirmation emails to allow the to post, the UE forums have around 20 posts,'perhaps less.
I think UE could be great, but I seriously wonder why the only mod with good documentation mbased on it is ICBM.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, documentation on UE sucks. Major mods are developed pretty fast, but wiki team is slow as hell... Confirmation e-mails are still the problem, so, that's even worse. However Calclavia reads the bugreports and fixes things pretty fast. He also moved the bugsections of all his mods to GitHub issue trackers/

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, they decided to nerf the most interesting generators for some reason ~_~
Calclavia is fixing that issue in Atomic Science, but in the latest Mekanism ALL the generators have output less than Advanced Solar. It's so weird...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
So the hydrogen gen has gone from being grossly OP with 50kw for 2, (I don't know much UE, do read these forums, and they stated this) to being worse than an advanced solar?
The tier 2 thing?
That outputs 8eu/t and so is worse power than coal?
And now the fabled hydrogen generator barrage has been nerfed past coal?
Daanggg... There go my plans.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Heat Generator (fueled): 1.6 KW
Bio: 1KW
Hydrogen: 4KW

I don't know, what's going on there. It's so stupid ~_~

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm and RR has now at to efficiently convert eu/mj from all their sources to UE power, due to having like all of Powercrystals mods except power converters...

What's the current numbers on coal btw?
And where in earth did you find up-to-date documentation on the parts of UE that don't blow things up?
And how much in comparison to standard demand, ie an ore processing line, how much power is this, like does it take 2kw to do all the steps with enrichment and stuff? Or like 20kw? Never used UE before now, so never thought about it, other than the mentions of it ore tripling without odd chemicals (GT) or 29 min waiting times (Factorisation).

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, there's no documentation. I tested it using a Multimeter from EE. I don't even have NEI since it didn't launch with it...

Also, Wind generator at y = 64 gives 1.37 KW (and looks AWESOME). It seem to care about height. Coal gen is a part of Basic Components and it seems like there's not BC for MC 1.5.2...
Now I'll test basic factories...

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
So, all the machines and factories have the same power consumption except for Purification Chamber. It's 200W per processing slot. Speed upgrades don't affect power consumption, so, speed upgrades also make devices more efficient.
Smelting 10 items without speed upgrades:
20 KJ at 200W (that means that it takes 10 seconds to smelt one item)
Smelting 10 items with 8 speed upgrades:
2.2KJ at 200W (1.1 second per item)

Purification Chamber consumes 600 W, but by the other parameters is the same (10 seconds/item without upgrades, 1.1 with upgrades), Energy per item is also three times more than other machines.

To get 3x ore you need
1) Put ore into Purification Chamber (also requires Flint). Get 3x <ore> clump
2) Put the clumps into Crusher. Get dirty <ore> dust
3) Put that dust into Enrichment Chamber. Get <ore> dust
4) Smelt that in Energized Smelter or any other Furnace.

For 2-4 you can use Factories. They just the same machines but with multiple input and output slots. They have three tiers each and can process 3, 5, or 7 items simultaneously according to a tier.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i always wanted UE in ulltimate but like others have said it's buggy and i have not found a single guide on how to get started