Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
really? Well thats a change I'm not too fond of
I believe it's meant to follow vanilla that way(Flowing lava converts water source blocks in to stone -> silk touch thus consuming none of the source block). It's also been that way for awhile now.

Reactions: RedBoss

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Cobblestone doesn't actually use any of the water or the lava. It just requires that you have some of both in the machine to be created. I think Smooth stone takes a bucket of water for 1 block? It's in one of the config files, and you can alter the usage rates for all three in that config.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@ShneekeyTheLost
Ever since 1.4.7, cobble consumes nothing while smoothstone production consumes water and obsidian consumes both. So...yeah.... :p

Also, MJ can be converted to RF if you have Mekanism. The Universal Cable does support RF now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
After tinkering with the newest beta I finally have a proper yet simple suggestion. Can you increase pipe durability? Unless I've missed a config option and, it's already there. I keep destroying pipes that have a fully configured filter as I attempt to break multiblocks I've used to cover them. Three times I've ruined my ore washing system by accidentally smacking a pipe one too many times.

Also, praise be to Chicken Bones. That mcpc+/TE/Multipart combo crash has finally been fixed and, no longer plagues my server.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the problem:
If you're willing to do a massive Quarry sample (I mean like 100s of chunks) and can prove that something is going wrong with world gen, I can take a look at it, but right now there's no reason that comes to mind why this wouldn't work properly.

My results from a massive 160x160 Quarry (100 chunks) suggest silver and lead are evenly balanced (even though lead was configured for an additional cluster) and you should expect around 16 of each per chunk.

I'm now kinda curious how ClusterSize and NumClusters determines actual ore generation ... can any direct me to the code?

For this sample, 1.6.4 world gen mods included: TE3, TC4, AE, IC2, Gregtech & Chisel

YcRcg4i.png

Results from 100 chunks, for all the major ores:
http://i.imgur.com/s7bONNT.png

Mining setup (QuarryPlus with SilkTouch and Efficiency; AE and ExtraCells)
http://i.imgur.com/fcrLAU0.png

Setting - just your typical Plains biome
http://i.imgur.com/xowHKD0.png

FYI - Gregtech granite appears to be generated late and doesnt replace existing ores
http://i.imgur.com/kqHUmww.png

Last edited:

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
really? Well thats a change I'm not too fond of
There are config options for it.
@ShneekeyTheLost
Ever since 1.4.7, cobble consumes nothing while smoothstone production consumes water and obsidian consumes both. So...yeah.... :p

Also, MJ can be converted to RF if you have Mekanism. The Universal Cable does support RF now.
Heh. Not in the new builds of Mekanism. ;)
After tinkering with the newest beta I finally have a proper yet simple suggestion. Can you increase pipe durability? Unless I've missed a config option and, it's already there. I keep destroying pipes that have a fully configured filter as I attempt to break multiblocks I've used to cover them. Three times I've ruined my ore washing system by accidentally smacking a pipe one too many times.

Also, praise be to Chicken Bones. That mcpc+/TE/Multipart combo crash has finally been fixed and, no longer plagues my server.
What are you smacking them WITH? Last I checked, conduits were actually reasonably durable. It should take about 1.5 seconds to break one. Dismantling on the other hand...

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
After some tinkering, I'm somehow hitting the pipes through the multiblocks. It only happens on a pipe junction. I'm just going to leave the pipes exposed in certain areas until I'm ready to set up a proper system.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What I like is that the conduits will transmit "power" from Mek generators. They are almost (but not quite) like UE cables. Also RF instead of MJ isn't really that noticable. Some minor adjustments in builds, but you can still power everything just fine.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
KL,

Just want to say thanks for keeping server and client performance a top priority. I don't have any MJ producers, just low-GPU-load and low-CPU-load RF-producing Dynamos now, and am loving it. I no longer have to isolate power production to a far-away place and can now walk freely into my base and not suffer client lag.

Appreciated,
MigukNamja

Reactions: jokermatt999

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
After some tinkering, I'm somehow hitting the pipes through the multiblocks. It only happens on a pipe junction. I'm just going to leave the pipes exposed in certain areas until I'm ready to set up a proper system.

I'm assuming pipes = conduits and multiblocks = microblocks. Meaning immibis' microblocks, which are basically a hack imposed upon a tile entity. A somewhat elegant hack I'll grant, but still a hack.

If so, then yes - those will probably result in some unexpected behavior.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed they do. Not sure why I typed multiblock but, you got the gist of everything. I really need to start reading back what I type when I am tired. Since it's only happening on itemduct junctions (areas of three or more connections), I've simply started tucking those junctions away behind regular blocks. Immibis' hollow microblocks work perfectly fine on straight lines of ducts so, all is well.

Might as well make the post useful and, confirm what MigukNamja said. Long runs of RF conduits barely impact server performance. I'd be interested in seeing a test involving a run of several thousand blocks on a low end server box.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed they do. Not sure why I typed multiblock but, you got the gist of everything. I really need to start reading back what I type when I am tired. Since it's only happening on itemduct junctions (areas of three or more connections), I've simply started tucking those junctions away behind regular blocks. Immibis' hollow microblocks work perfectly fine on straight lines of ducts so, all is well.

Might as well make the post useful and, confirm what MigukNamja said. Long runs of RF conduits barely impact server performance. I'd be interested in seeing a test involving a run of several thousand blocks on a low end server box.

I wouldn't expect it would. The entire structure should behave as one and put no more load on the server or client than a single conduit piece. This is in contrast with BC pipes, which have per-block state and per-tick calculations.

Buildcraft code is opened-sourced, by the way. Lots of great and interesting code in there, but the per-tick and per-block stuff is not exactly optimal.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

I can do this, actually. I'll check it out later. I'll probably only do a thousand though. Several is a bit much.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
How do Invar weapons and armour compare to iron and diamond, in terms of durability and enchantability?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Durability is 450 instead of 250. Armor value seems identical, tool speed... I've honestly not paid attention. The sword and battlewrench are directly comparable to iron swords in damage. Enchantability... I've had both good results (Fortune I, Efficiency III, Unbreaking III for 19 levels) and terrible ones (Unbreaking III alone for 30 levels). It's probably the same as iron, and if not, very close to it.

Reactions: un worry

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I anyone else doing TE3 with Mekanism? I'm finding that the hydrogen generator feels Really Darn Effective with the TE machines. In the past, I've had to run two hydro gens to keep up with a modest Mekanism processing setup, but I feel very power positive with a pulverizer and redstone furnace. I haven't tried to push the limits yet. I want to setup a test bed tonight and see how many machines I can have running simultaneously.

Has anyone else tried this?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I anyone else doing TE3 with Mekanism? I'm finding that the hydrogen generator feels Really Darn Effective with the TE machines. In the past, I've had to run two hydro gens to keep up with a modest Mekanism processing setup, but I feel very power positive with a pulverizer and redstone furnace. I haven't tried to push the limits yet. I want to setup a test bed tonight and see how many machines I can have running simultaneously.

Has anyone else tried this?
This is what I'm running now as well. TE3, IC2 and some Mekanism and Ender IO, all powered with Hydrogen Generators and universal cable (which rapidly is becoming the best item in game IMHO). Last time I clocked them, they produced 10 MJ / t. I'm using Water Pump Pipe for water so there is no draw there either.