Shaders killing FPS? (ftb problem, NOT my pc specs)

Amaghique

Jul 29, 2019
So i recently tried running shaders on MagicFarm2 using the tutorial kindly provided by Zica, http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-shaders.11135/, and I've run into a little problem. I'm not the only one that is having this problem. I've heard some say that the Direwolf modpack is having the same issue. I've run shaders before and they've worked fine in the past. The game runs terribly until i press esc to visit the in-game menu, then the fps jumps right back up. I've messed around with the graphics settings, the shader settings, I've even turned shaders off and the fps is still terrible. I'm not running optifine. I tried to install several versions of optifine for mc 1.6.2 and previous and MF2 just crashes (of course now that i think about it i may have dome it wrong). If i do need optifine please let me know. thanks for any help!

heres a video detailing what happens ( i have no idea why the quality is terrible but i dont want to go through reuploading it)

UPDATE: i have no idea how to even install optifine with the new ftb updates so if thats the problem please help!

imodz03

Jul 29, 2019
Try running it on MultiMc and not the FTB launcher, if you read down the comments zica does mention this.

Amaghique

Jul 29, 2019
update:

I've had success installing optifine 1.6.4_HD_U_C6 onto Magicfarm2. (of course this should work for any other modpack). you basically just download whichever version of optifine you want and move it to the Modpack>minecraft>mods folder. this may have been obvious to a lot of people but i personally just figured this out. however, now the shaders arent working. I have shaders selected, but everything remains normal-looking. and yes i did install shaders correctly. i installed optifine thinking my fps problem is because i wasnt running optifine. i still dont know if this is the case

also, I've tried Multimc and the ftb launcher, same result.

basically,
No Optifine: Shaders work but fps= 3-4
Optifine: no shaders but fps= normal (60 or so)

on both the FTB launcher and multimc