Run a HP boiler for Hours or even days with 0 automation of fueling!!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
We all done this and even so those coal cokes just isn't good "saturation" level for a cold HP boiler.

2013-05-26_08.57.59.png

So who want to sit there for 310 minutes without automation just heating up a boiler? I know I don't! There just gotta be a better way to do this other than stocking chests next to the fireboxes..

2013-05-26_09.27.02.png

Now what's is that there? A Extreme Condensed Coal Coke block! With only 41990.4k heat!! Here is the collection of other dense fuel blocks!

2013-05-26_09.27.23.png

From bottom left to top right Extreme Condensed Coal (same as charcoal burn rate as it's can be made from it), Sugarcane, Coal Coke, Wheat (is a quarter of charcoal burn rate), Bookshelf, Planks (for those who like burning extra bangs out of Saw milling), Peat (not showed is also the other "better" version of peat), Cactus, and wood. I would disable diamond making instead of disabling charcoal use in Coal Condensed Blocks as the charcoal Condensed blocks are useless for fuels.

These will not only work on Boilers but anything that uses furnace burning values. Cannot run say condensed blocks of peat in Peat fired engines for example.
2013-05-26_09.36.42.png

Here an IC2 Generator burning for hours!!
2013-05-26_09.44.25.png

And this is only a full sized HP Boiler still burning for hours on a single block!!
2013-05-26_10.45.03.png

Now you may say "can I really run HP for days?" and yes and even for months if you got the fuel to condense!
A Coal Coke Extreme Condensed block will burn for 1.5 days on a 1000C 36 HP boiler!!
A Coal Extreme Condensed block ( which isn't made from fossil fuels!) will still burn for 9 hours a piece! (same specs as the other block) Condensed Blocks is what's I'm going to use on my server for now on cause one main thing Compaction! Now you guys won't have to worry about laggy pipelines supplying fuels to Solid Fueled Fireboxes, Just auto craft the existing fuels you have then toss them in and walk away for a decent while for a little fueling or even never! (if you actually have tons of fuel for all those blocks)
Oh and there a complete config on how these behave with each mod and you can even degrade or upgrade the default 100% efficiently. More importantly getting rid of charcoal>diamond exploit is nothing more than changing the diamond recipes to false in the configs. Now if there were just Condensed Liquids then this awesome mod would be complete! Anyway you just have to drop the corresponding minecraft mod version to what modpack your using in the mods folder. (it's work on Ultimate 1.0.2 there May be problems with other packs so Backup your files beforehand!) So I suggest trying this mod out if your tired of "babysitting" boilers or just hate all those tubings, pipes, and cabling just to fuel them. This can put an end to Most storage problems of all your drives, barrels, DSUs, Quantum chests, or any other storage containers. To use the items just uncraft the blocks in the Crafting table to get down the "ladder" again to usable counterparts. Crafting is super easy of these blocks just do whatever is compatible with this mod and full the 3x3 grid up then use those to condense to your liking. So I hope some will actually find this mod interesting and who know this mod may be in FTB. I'll suggest it later with a link to the corresponding thread.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Or... yanno... put in a basic amount of automation and avoid the whole situation. You know, because it's so difficult to put a couple of pipes and a tank next to the boiler receiving fuel from the refineries.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Haha.. don't care about your storage always filling up, the lag your giant power plant is generating from all those piping, cabling, or any other automation or the ease of use of these blocks to run things for hours on a temporary setup say a quarry? Tessacts are all good and well but.. energy loss and you could use the others way but why not throw a couple of these to some engines and don't worry about charcoal spewing on the ground or someone breaking a retriever with 3mil duped charcoal crashing your server? I know it's not hard at all to automate these but hey why not add a mod to your "tool belts" then you'll have it for at least storing all your surplus or stock piling fuels. Oh and why not make a decorative "warehouse" with these blocks?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I clicked on a link for a questionable As Seen On TV item

If its fun for you, then go for it. As someone who prefers simplicity more often than not, this takes the fun out of creating a system for a boiler. IMO anyways

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Haha.. don't care about your storage always filling up, the lag your giant power plant is generating from all those piping, cabling, or any other automation or the ease of use of these blocks to run things for hours on a temporary setup say a quarry? Tessacts are all good and well but.. energy loss and you could use the others way but why not throw a couple of these to some engines and don't worry about charcoal spewing on the ground or someone breaking a retriever with 3mil duped charcoal crashing your server? I know it's not hard at all to automate these but hey why not add a mod to your "tool belts" then you'll have it for at least storing all your surplus or stock piling fuels. Oh and why not make a decorative "warehouse" with these blocks?
Only energy tesseracts have a problem with energy loss. You want to power a quarry? Take a full redstone energy cell. Drop it down. It'll finish the quarry before it finishes the redstone energy cell. Obviation of your entire hooplah, and one fewer mod to have to install, fix random Item and Block ID Conflicts, and wait for updates on.

Failing that, you can set up a couple of engines and pipe in fuel. For example, a couple of Combustion engines, sitting on an Aqueous Accumulator, and an EnderTank to transport the Fuel to your site. Again, done. Minimal infrastructure, and everything can simply be taken up and moved to wherever you move your new quarry to.

There's already a bazillion ways of powering remote locations. DSU's make it pathetically easy to store stuff, to the tune of two billion of the item in question, so compression really isn't necessary. This is both unnecessary and ridiculous.

More options are better options.
Not really, considering more mods = more loading time, more ID's reserved, and more hassles.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Did I not say that it's should work smooth as butter for the very least Ultimate 1.0.2? Just plop the file in mods and your literally done with at least that version of Ultimate. Oh and please don't think "oh it's easy to fire a boiler cause it's only one block you have to make" Not really, You'll need to use the same amount of fuel as if you were putting one by one. Oh and this mod is on a roll with updating it's already at 1.5 and is getting 1.5.2 out soon. Only thing I would technically "complain" about is that the Config file for scrap storage blocks doesn't create them. But who care, it's may be not fully in placed yet and man once that done then you'll be able to run your matter fabs for days on days! Yep I know setting up things is sometime more fun but hey reduce the automation when you can right? Especially on servers which are complaining about automation all the time this should help. Cause only thing to automate have to be done is input>fabs>output and your done! Then once the crafting is full auto just filler up and walk away for hours, days, or even months!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Did I not say that it's should work smooth as butter for the very least Ultimate 1.0.2? Just plop the file in mods and your literally done with at least that version of Ultimate. Oh and please don't think "oh it's easy to fire a boiler cause it's only one block you have to make" Not really, You'll need to use the same amount of fuel as if you were putting one by one. Oh and this mod is on a roll with updating it's already at 1.5 and is getting 1.5.2 out soon. Only thing I would technically "complain" about is that the Config file for scrap storage blocks doesn't create them. But who care, it's may be not fully in placed yet and man once that done then you'll be able to run your matter fabs for days on days! Yep I know setting up things is sometime more fun but hey reduce the automation when you can right? Especially on servers which are complaining about automation all the time this should help. Cause only thing to automate have to be done is input>fabs>output and your done! Then once the crafting is full auto just filler up and walk away for hours, days, or even months!
Or just have an item tesseract hooked up to your AE network and run it indefinitely...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Not really, considering more mods = more loading time, more ID's reserved, and more hassles.

Loading time? Get a drink. Are you in that big a hurry?

Id's are there to be used.

What hassle?

IMO more options are always better.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Loading time? Get a drink. Are you in that big a hurry?

Id's are there to be used.

What hassle?

IMO more options are always better.
Pointless options are meaningless bloat and as much value as a battery-operated battery recharger which only recharges its own batteries.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Pointless options are meaningless bloat and as much value as a battery-operated battery recharger which only recharges its own batteries.
They're only pointless to you because you refuse to see anything other than your own playstyle. You assume everyone builds a sorting system. You assume everyone automates things. They don't. If an option is pointless TO YOU, disable it. That's the whole rub.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Oh come on now! These are not "garbage blocks" as you say they are.. If you don't believe me check the mod out so you don't have to install this "garbage". This mod actually does thing so this isn't one of those "more ores mods" or more decorative blocks only mods. Yes it's does add more blocks but at least they do something whether it's running your boiler for hours or storing up things in tidy space this mod get it done and yes exactly what's Hoff say. Some people don't like automating things if you don't have to. Running a quarry at full speed for example only need auto transporting of ores to holding containers then one may do ores in a 12 OCed marector and 10 OCed furnace. This really make boilers and other furnace rates hungry things easier on people who don't want to do over complex automation for simple tasks.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
They're only pointless to you because you refuse to see anything other than your own playstyle. You assume everyone builds a sorting system. You assume everyone automates things. They don't. If an option is pointless TO YOU, disable it. That's the whole rub.
Umm... half the mods involve some degree of automation and/or sorting systems. That's kind of a central theme to every 'official' FTB pack. Sure, you *could* play without setting up a sorting system or automation, but I very much doubt many people do.

The whole rub is not needing it thrown in and eating up ID's to begin with. Particularly in a mod pack as stuffed to the gills as Ultimate, you need every ID you can scrounge up. It's not needed It's taking up space. You have literally a dozen more attractive options already IN the Ultimate pack without needing to add a sub-par 'option'.

Oh come on now! These are not "garbage blocks" as you say they are.. If you don't believe me check the mod out so you don't have to install this "garbage". This mod actually does thing so this isn't one of those "more ores mods" or more decorative blocks only mods. Yes it's does add more blocks but at least they do something whether it's running your boiler for hours or storing up things in tidy space this mod get it done and yes exactly what's Hoff say. Some people don't like automating things if you don't have to. Running a quarry at full speed for example only need auto transporting of ores to holding containers then one may do ores in a 12 OCed marector and 10 OCed furnace. This really make boilers and other furnace rates hungry things easier on people who don't want to do over complex automation for simple tasks.
Running your boiler for hours can already be done with a couple of liquiduct pipes and a biofuel setup. In fact, it runs it indefinitely, which is, by definition, longer than 'hours'. Storing things in a tidy space, for the blocks you are talking about, is as easy as flippin' barrels, much less MFR's DSUs or Iron Chests or Applied Energistics or...

Meh, I could keep going on, but really, the point here is that this simply isn't necessary. If you don't like automating things, then why are you playing in a mod pack where half of the mods have automation and are built with the intended purpose of working with automation?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yes if your not going to care about how long something last in power generation blocks or furnaces and don't care about storing things up that compact then yea it's a waste for you. But.. on the other hand if you would like to throw some "high power" fuel and go away for a while or store up your things for future uses then yea why not give this a world? You may think it's a poor "utility" mod but hey think what you could do with it. Fully heat up a HP boiler with nothing more than filling up the internal storage for the Coal and/or Coal Coke blocks, Don't care about the diamond exploit? then this mod can actually replace Biomaterials for making diamond out of charcoal. Want to store more things on those drives that fills up rather quickly without DSUs or pricey Quantum chest? Well just "compress" and your done! Want to make a cool Warehouse building then why not use these pretty cool blocks to brag about all those diamonds you have or just about any thing else. Another idea is to use these in Trade o mats as "huge tokens" Like a huge sum of Coal for a iridium plate. You can't do that in vanilla FTB!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Umm... half the mods involve some degree of automation and/or sorting systems. That's kind of a central theme to every 'official' FTB pack. Sure, you *could* play without setting up a sorting system or automation, but I very much doubt many people do.

The whole rub is not needing it thrown in and eating up ID's to begin with. Particularly in a mod pack as stuffed to the gills as Ultimate, you need every ID you can scrounge up. It's not needed It's taking up space. You have literally a dozen more attractive options already IN the Ultimate pack without needing to add a sub-par 'option'.

So what? Half don't have them; your point? Who cares what the "theme" is that the FTB team envisions or designed the packs for? I'm not playing the game around the style that they want it to be played as. Oh and FAR more people don't set up automation than you think.

Ultimate is hardly stuffed. It still has plenty of IDs that can be used. I could fairly easily double the number of mods in ultimate and still have room. Again YOU don't need(Terrible word should be want; nothing in this game is about need) it. They're more attractive TO YOU. It's sub-par TO YOU. The fact that people already use this means it is a perfect fit for them.

Who are you to say it doesn't? I hardly see any logical reasoning as to why you would want to stop someone from playing a particular way when it doesn't affect you.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So what? Half don't have them; your point? Who cares what the "theme" is that the FTB team envisions or designed the packs for? I'm not playing the game around the style that they want it to be played as. Oh and FAR more people don't set up automation than you think.
Vague assertions without any sort of supporting base of evidence are beneath your usual debating skills.

Ultimate is hardly stuffed. It still has plenty of IDs that can be used. I could fairly easily double the number of mods in ultimate and still have room. Again YOU don't need(Terrible word should be want; nothing in this game is about need) it. They're more attractive TO YOU. It's sub-par TO YOU. The fact that people already use this means it is a perfect fit for them.
All of which is YOUR viewpoint and YOUR supposition based on YOUR playstyle. Of course, that argument doesn't really counter anything because neither you nor I are any significant body of individuals, but at least I have the threadbare fig leaf of pointing out that the mod pack is designed, and indeed many of the mods themselves, are built with automation as an assumed part of play style, and that every Let's Play I've seen has incorporated it on some level. Which is better than a vague accusation that 'some people might not'. Sure, some probably don't, but they also probably don't play on the Ultimate pack either, or at least if they do, they end up removing most of the mods involved.

Who are you to say it doesn't? I hardly see any logical reasoning as to why you would want to stop someone from playing a particular way when it doesn't affect you.
Who are you to say it does? I don't see any logical reasoning as to why you would want to include it when it doesn't affect you. After all, you can just add it yourself if you want, right? Funny how your own arguments work just as well against you as for you...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
A way to condense all the things? Okay, I really like that idea! Building a house out of charcoal sounds incredibly fun.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
There are several questions that arise from your advert. How many single pieces of an item are compressed into a single block? How many IDs are taken by the mod? Are all of the blocks equivalent to the power produced by the parts used to create them? Will this be updated for all of the mod packs and eventually be added into FTB?

I'm actually ok with mods that add compressed blocks such as this as long as they don't go and take a massive amount of item ids. It's one of the reasons I'm actually interested in Extra utilities' take on cobblestone compression blocks (octuple compressed cobblestone is over 43 million cobble in one block). Not sure if each of those take its own item id as I haven't messed with the beta too much, but it's in the beta :X

Edit: Also, Extra Utils is just all around useful with the mufflers, traders, and garbage cans.