Quick help with FTB Unleashed solar panels please :D

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
http://s29.postimg.org/o1c8dq92f/sun_pls.png

So, up there is an electric furnace connected to 11 solar panels with 15 blocks on ultra low current cable. I should, then, be getting 11 EU/t during the day, but according to my EU reader I'm only getting 3 EU/t. Any idea what could be wrong here?
Solar panels will only send power somewhere if there is actually something that can receive it. How much is that furnace consuming? Exactly 3 EU/t! if not overclocked.
If you want to get full use of your solar panels, feed the power into a Batbox and then power the furnace from the batbox. This way you also have power at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure and pjfranke

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Electric Furnace uses 3 EU/t. Your setup works fine, you're just producing more power than it is using. With 4 Electric Furnaces, you will get a reading of 3 EU/t, and your furnaces will slowly drain of power from their internal buffer.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
http://s29.postimg.org/o1c8dq92f/sun_pls.png

So, up there is an electric furnace connected to 11 solar panels with 15 blocks on ultra low current cable. I should, then, be getting 11 EU/t during the day, but according to my EU reader I'm only getting 3 EU/t. Any idea what could be wrong here?
Use something better then ultra low current cable... like gold or glass... or even just copper, any of that would be better.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Use something better then ultra low current cable... like gold or glass... or even just copper, and of that would be better.
LOL!

The Ultra low current cable IS the smart choice of cabling here. It has unlimited eu/t in unleashed as long as packet size is under 5EU and have VERY low loss rate(think it is on par with Glass fibre with loss rates). You can run unlimited number of solar panels on the same Ultra Low current cable up to a distance of 40 lengths of cable.

Using gold would be downright stupid due to its enormous loss rate, as would copper. You would only get power from the solar panels up to 2 lengths of cable away with gold cable and 3 lengths of cable with copper... Rest would have 100% of their power production lost due to transmission loss...

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
LOL!

The Ultra low current cable IS the smart choice of cabling here. It has unlimited eu/t in unleashed as long as packet size is under 5EU and have VERY low loss rate(think it is on par with Glass fibre with loss rates). You can run unlimited number of solar panels on the same Ultra Low current cable up to a distance of 40 lengths of cable.

Using gold would be downright stupid due to its enormous loss rate, as would copper. You would only get power from the solar panels up to 2 lengths of cable away with gold cable and 3 lengths of cable with copper... Rest would have 100% of their power production lost due to transmission loss...
I'm sorry. I only really use the really good stuff for sending power around to stuff like glass fiber cabling back in 1.5.2 since it was so easy to make, and those would send great deals of power, and I forgot how gold wasn't as good as it is now. so just forget what I said I guess.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm sorry. I only really use the really good stuff for sending power around to stuff like glass fiber cabling back in 1.5.2 since it was so easy to make, and those would send great deals of power, and I forgot how gold wasn't as good as it is now. so just forget what I said I guess.
Tin cables(what Ultra low cable is called now) is still more than plenty for 11EU/t in IC2E. Really no reason to waste resources on high grade cables for something simple like this.