Producing excessive amounts of energy?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
I require some ideas as I've hit an idea block, reason for this energy is that it seems UE MFFS requires lots, LOTS of energy to maintain sustainability. I'm using 1.0.11 direpack and it seems only TE3 is the only supported mod by the MFFS as IC2 cables wont even connect.

only setup I've done so far is 50 magmatics connected to a Resonant ECell directly next to a Force ?Deriver? with ALL the dynamos only producing 80RF/t it cannot gain sustainability as the ECell RF still goes down. the MFFS block has no upgrades or links mind you, its just 1 block to produce fortron energy.

How would others power this mod?

Protocurity

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to say something, but since it is direwolf 20 I'm not sure it would've worked, but might as well.

If Rotarycraft is installed, you can use the rotational dynamo hooked up to a gas turbine to produce 11,000 RF/t. Though I don't know if Rotarycraft is in the DW20 pack, so I'm probably just spouting more Pro-Rotarycraft nonsense.

EDIT: managed to find a list, and it does not. This puts me in a bind, because now I've posted, but I don't know the solution myself. I figured if UE was installed you could just use atomic science or mechanism, but neither of those two mods are on the DW20 pack. With IC2 power generation not working... I'm at just as much of a loss.

I suppose you could sustain the thing with dynamos, but you'll need a lot more than 50. The server will weep... unless I'm missing something with MFFS.

Last edited:

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt the server will weep I have 80 Reactants, 20 Magmatic and 20 Steam Dynamo's in the same area (along with the piping\processing for the charcoal\biomass and the supply ducts) and the Opis report doesn't even show anything past light purple which is almost no load.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
TE3 is made to be gentle on servers. :3 And I'm glad it is working out fine for you WTFFFS.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Loufmier

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
It does sound promising, but not all that attractive to be honest. making an excess of 50+ magmatic engines along with the infrastructure to maintain a forcefield that doesnt even have scale upgrades is ridiculous if i say so.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
after further testing it seems its impossible to power this mod AT ALL as buildcraft and IC2 wont even connect, while RF cannot provide enough power
2014-01-08_02.41.08.png

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried checking if it accepts energy from BC and IC2 if you supply it from beneath ?
I have not been using MFFS though, so not sure if it would help, but might be worth a shot

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
I did in fact. still no connection, documentation for that block states that all sides are supposed to able to connect to power cables. I still havent a clue how to power it without wasting massive amounts of lapis or quartz or just cheating in a power card.

EDIT: well in theory i could connect all sides of that deriver to RF but being that RF conduits can only handle so much (10000 RF/t), I would need to create enough 80 RF/t engines to supply 6! Resonant ECells past 10000 RF/t which if calculations are correct I would need 126 dynamos at minimum PER ECell to sustain a forcefield.

Last edited:

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at the configs, there might be a setting to tweak the power needed or to enable interaction with the other mods. Im not at my gaming computer atm, so cannot check

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, none :(

just these options:
general {
B:"Conserve Packets?"=true
S:"Disintegration Blacklist"=
B:"Effect Creative Players"=true
B:"Enable Force Manipulator"=true
I:"Field Calculation Per Tick"=1000
S:"Force Manipulator Blacklist"=
D:"Fortron Production Multiplier"=1.0
B:"High Graphics"=true
I:"Interdiction Murder Fortron Consumption"=0
B:"Load Chunks"=true
I:"Max Force Field Scale"=200
B:"Op Override"=true
B:"Require Electricity?"=true
S:"Stabilization Blacklist"=
B:"Use Cache"=true

these are default configs by the way, well I could bump up the multiplier but then it would only work on SSP and LAN not SMP

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
If no other resort is found, you could set B:"Require Electricity?"=true to false.
This might make the mod too easy though

fleutius

Jul 29, 2019
That does indeed seem to fix it, Report it in the correct forum, and remember to link that page so they can see exactly what update fixes it.
But it might take some time before it is updated :)

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
If you want ridiculous amounts of energy hook up a gas turbine to a rotational dynamo and fuel it.

More power than even the resonant conduits could handle.