[Poll] Do you use Gregtech?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you use gregtech?

• Total voters

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Since i see that lots of pepole disable Gregtech (and lots of Greg-hate messages), i wanted to know wich are the actual ratios of pepole wich play with, and without (and who hate it enough to spam the forums). So here's a poll for that. Actually, why this haven't been done before?

Let's wait a bit to get more votes for more representative statistics.

I did some trolling with the last vote option and some more stuff wich is now in the spoiler below, against greg-haters and the flamewars wich always appear in those threads. It actually caused some mess in the topic, so it's now removed.

Let's get that poll more serious.

Title is poorly worded. Polls and other statistics are a great source of information but only if they're executed and interpreted properly. Change the title to something like "[POLL] Do you use GregTech?" and you'll be off to a better start. To be useful, any sort of poll or survey must be crystal clear in its wording at every step. Your title is by no means crystal clear.

Changed it.

if you're adding a greg hater rage option there should be a greg lover rage option too.
Something like: YES OF COURSE I USE GREGTECH IT'S THE BEST MOD TO EVER GET RELEASED EVER AND GREG IS A GOD AND I LOVE HIM AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T USE GREGTECH ON IT'S HARDEST SETTING IS A GODDAMN NOOBIE CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I should have one like this, too bad i can't edit the poll.

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
I voted for Intermediate mode.
I use gregtech with some changes in the config, Like no need for rolling machine to make mixed metal and enabled the mass fab recipe

Reactions: RedBoss

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
if you're adding a greg hater rage option there should be a greg lover rage option too.
Something like: YES OF COURSE I USE GREGTECH IT'S THE BEST MOD TO EVER GET RELEASED EVER AND GREG IS A GOD AND I LOVE HIM AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T USE GREGTECH ON IT'S HARDEST SETTING IS A GODDAMN NOOBIE CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!11

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
On my current server I have it doesn't exist. On my 1.5.1 version IC2 and Gregtech won't exist.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I want a harder mode, that starts editing solar addons. The 1EU base one (which would retain the silicon plate requiring recipe) should just be a dead block used for construction of the next tier, which is also a dead block. The third tier solar would make 1EU, and the fourth and final tier would make 8EU.

Also, lava should be unpumpable, and BC and RP pumps should be modified to simply delete any lava they encounter. That's what buckets are for.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Because until my new pc arrives, I don't play FTB at all, but after I will be playing GT on whatever mode Adeptcraft uses.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019

You're right, i forgot it. But i can't add it now. I would have voted for it.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I use it hardmode and like the things it brings, however I'm slowly getting to the point where its not fun.

It's an ic2 addon and it does very good at being that, larger power storage and generation, some advanced processing, I like all the industrial [name] machines, that's all good.

My problem is that he keeps adding more and more unnecessary machines (e.g. I now have to make copper ingots into copper plates before I can make a dense copper plate) instead of making the operation and usability, e.g. useful gui's and documentation, of his existing machines better. The gregtech computer cube gives info on the old fusion reactor in the new fusion reactor version.

Hell, I'm posting right now because I'm tabbed out waiting for energy flow circuits to craft in the new assembling machine that's really slow due to its myriad of dual component recipes is a nightmare to automate.

My fun meter is slipping.

Reactions: russjr08

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yes those Greg-threads often end into flamewars. Have fun. :)
131516135001.gif

Yeah totaly looks like a legit atempt at discussion

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
What is the definition of easy mode vs intermediate?

And is hard mode the pack default -- cause I thought greg had a recommended config that is way harder than the pack default.

I have played all modes of gregtech, but in my current world I am not interested in IC2 at the moment and greg was preventing me from getting an anvil, so I grabbed the easy config posted in the 'gregtech easy mode brutality mode everything else' thread. If i ever want to tinker with GT stuff it is there, but really IC2 and gregtech will be the last thing i get to in this world.

More interested in MFR and AE for this world.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
When I saw this morning that the last version for 1.4.7 gregtech requires all mixed alloys to be made with plates from the bending machine I was upset. There is no option to disable this. So greg is just making it harder and taking out the config options. Not too pleased with mr gregours.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
That's no surprise. It's quite obvious that you're incredibly biased and this thread, despite your disclaimer, is meant only to invoke yet another greg flame war.

Yes i'm incredibly biaised. But i don't force you to vote for the last option. I actually wanted to have some numbers on that Gregmess. That last option is just some trolling against all the hate messages i see evrywhere on the forums. There are too much to not react. But just forget it. I made the topic mostly for the poll.

Note : This dosen't mean i don't like flamewars.

Note : the previous note dosen't mean that i only made it for trolling.

Note : This dosen't mean i don't like flamewars.

Note : Help, i'm getting into a note loop.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
When I saw this morning that the last version for 1.4.7 gregtech requires all mixed alloys to be made with plates from the bending machine I was upset. There is no option to disable this. So greg is just making it harder and taking out the config options. Not too pleased with mr gregours.

There is definitely an option to return to the IC2 default. Which means you can only make them with refined iron, bronze, and tin. Using 9 ingots for 2 mixed metal ingots. All the other metal options, and their increased output are GregTech adds. It is the same config option it always was to turn off.

Code:
 B:MMIngotOnlyRollingMachine=true

Set to false.

There is no option to revert to the old Gregtech modification, nor should you expect one.

Note that the new GregTech plates used for advanced alloys are 1.5 to 3 times the output as the old recipes that used a rolling machine, which were on their own outputting more than IC2 base.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I made the topic mostly for the poll.
Your poll is bad and you should feel bad.
Out of all the people who play FTB how many do you think are on these forums? I'm gonna go with a verrrrrrrrrry tiny percentage. Polls about this kinda stuff is the most ridiculous idea. One of the reasons why even if I comment on a post with a poll, 9 times outta 10 I don't vote in it because it's just so pointless.

Reactions: Eyamaz

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
-something-

You managed to make your post so i can't quote it correctly.

Polls and other statistics are a great source of information, so it isn't pointless. Even if all FTB players aren't on the forums, I suppose the ones here are a representative part of the FTB players. So for a ratio poll, it'll work fine. And i suppose there must be at least 10% of FTB players here.

earthmage7

Jul 29, 2019
I like Gregtech because it makes the game more fun. When they first change some recipe I get very raged but oce over that feeling, Gregtech is really great!