optifine issue? can i get help here?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

godlikekane

Jul 29, 2019
increases my fps mentally tho, get a very good pc, and im getting like 30 dirty fps. i get over 150 with optifine, and havnt even changed anything in the settings...

Loki557

Jul 29, 2019
I had a similar problem, I think it had to do with my switching options ingame. Restarting it usually fixed it. I have optifine running pretty well with the Direwolf20 1.6.4 so people saying it doesn't work with forge at all are misinformed. Not gonna deny it doesn't always play well C6 seems to the best version of optifine for getting it to work with FTB

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Soo....ignoring all the "OMFG optifine kills puppies never use it!!!!!" fanatics...

Yes, it works just fine and it does the job it's supposed to, but I have always noticed graphical glitches with it. The kind of stuff you're mentioning with treasure chests and whatnot is par for the course in my experience. It always seems a bit random to me; sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes the only thing that renders on sheep is their feet.

It's a small price to pay for making the game playable on underpowered computers.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
This one time after installing it, I got EVERYTHING made out of train track textures.

It was trippy to say the least!

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Try a wall full of jabba barrels with Optifine, the Z fighting caused my FPS to drop to <5, it simply isn't needed anymore.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any problem with walls of JABBA barrels and Z-Fighting - as long as you've upgraded to the current latest. Factorization barrels, on the other hand, are a killer.
I'll admit I don't use the FTB Launcher, but I do keep a fair sized pack, originally transposed from an older FTB pack into Magic Launcher to manage it easier, and I've only ever had one major issue with Optifine - it didn't like Biomes O Plenty. However, with the latest back-ported 1.6.4 versions he's made, the problem has gone away.
The only other issue, which is really very minor, is that some things cease to be rendered if the centre of them is no longer on the screen. SGCraft and Lantea Stargates, for example, only render if the bottom-base block is visible to me. But since I rarely, if ever, have anything of the sort, I barely ever notice it.
FPS++ is a suitable alternative if you're really so annoyingly set on banishing Optifine. It doesn't offer quite as much IMO - I like the more finely grained control Optifine offers, and if Forge would take a leaf from him and implement that themselves, I'd happily drop it.
And, if you can get FPS++ to work, and you still find the need, simply drop the Optifine JAR into your mods folder, and FPS++ will load it. I believe Optifine is actually made to be loadable from the mods folder by FML recently too.
In short, I think if you actually read the changelogs, he's started to take note of the compatibility concerns and do something about them - so don't just knock it because you had bad experiences with it before.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Try a wall full of jabba barrels with Optifine, the Z fighting caused my FPS to drop to <5, it simply isn't needed anymore.

I have had zero problem with Optifine and JABBA across many versions, so it must have been either a version specific bug or caused by something else.

And until you get yourself an underpowered computer like mine that dies the death of massive lag spikes that get completely fixed by Optifine and nothing else, I don't believe you get to tell us that it "simply isn't needed anymore." There is absolutely NOTHING out there that deals with lag spikes for me better than Optifine. I've tried everything you can imagine. FPS++, Optileaves, Eyamaz's java settings, etc. Java settings helped a bit, as did Optileaves. FPS++ made things much worse. Optifine fixed the problem and made the game playable, so it most certainly is "needed" for me.

Reactions: Albin_Xavier

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I have had zero problem with Optifine and JABBA across many versions, so it must have been either a version specific bug or caused by something else.

And until you get yourself an underpowered computer like mine that dies the death of massive lag spikes that get completely fixed by Optifine and nothing else, I don't believe you get to tell us that it "simply isn't needed anymore." There is absolutely NOTHING out there that deals with lag spikes for me better than Optifine. I've tried everything you can imagine. FPS++, Optileaves, Eyamaz's java settings, etc. Java settings helped a bit, as did Optileaves. FPS++ made things much worse. Optifine fixed the problem and made the game playable, so it most certainly is "needed" for me.
This is why I need Optifine. Also, the only graphics glitch I've run into (which I think is Dartcraft's fault) is in the AM2 Arcane Compendium the icons for the tabs were replaced with Dartcraft icons.